22

22

"Why did you open the door?" Dennise asked after noticing the low whistle of the wind through the gap. "It's raining."

"I like the sound of the rain." Alyssa replied shortly. Dennise recounted what happened after they left the exhibition and it worried her that they have not talked about it yet. As soon as they got in the car, Alyssa instructed the chauffeur to drive them back to the condo and such instruction was the last thing Dennise heard from her until right this very moment. "Are you cold?"

Instead of answering the question, Dennise just shrugged and sighed.

"I'll brush your hair. Halika na dito." Alyssa offered.

"It's okay." Dennise smiled flatly. She sat on the end of the bed and stared at her Alyssa. She wondered what was going in her mind.

Was she in denial that she just saw Laura? Or was she trying to look like she did not care? Was she doing it for Dennise?

"How are you, Ly?"

"Me? Well."

"Well?"

"I'm well, hon. Bakit?" Alyssa let out a half-laugh. "I feel a lot better after the shower and the meds you provided me. Thanks, hon."

"I don't mean that."

"You don't?" Alyssa's lips thinned into a little smile. She stretched her hand in front of her, beckoning her girlfriend to join her in bed. "Dito ka na."

"Yeah... in a while." Dennise stared outside the window where the city below has gone silent.

"Hon." The bed creaked gently as Alyssa crawled and got herself behind Dennise. She rested her chin on her girlfriend's shoulder, rubbing her nose against Den's skin. She moved her hands up and down her arms before she landed both on Den's legs. Alyssa loves it the most when Dennise wears her shirts and with no shorts nor PJs on. "Come on, let's cuddle. Inaantok na ako."

"How come you can sleep with me without... actually sleeping with me?" Dennise questioned as she faced Alyssa. She saw how Alyssa hesitated at the question so instead of demanding for an answer, Dennise framed Alyssa's cheeks in between her palms and slowly bridged the gap in between their lips.

Alyssa, still wondering where that question came from, kissed her back with her hands being led inside Den's shirt. She was not sure what her girlfriend was trying her to do so she just did what she thought she was being asked.

Her hand roamed to Den's left freely. It seemed to her that Dennise was giving absolutely no resistance while her free hand pressed Den's body against her more tightly.

Pausing to catch their breathing, both broke away a little with Alyssa still leaving soft kisses on Den's neck and her hand toying with her girlfriend's breast.

"Ly."

"Hon?"

"I want to know you better." Dennise stated.

In her curiousness to the ambiguity of Den's words, Alyssa met the warm brown eyes of Dennise and was suggested that she actually meant what Alyssa had guessed right. "Yes, Dennise?"

"I want to know you more." Dennise repeated and this time, her gaze fell down to Alyssa's lips before she lifted her gaze back to her face. "Can we do it tonight?"

Flustered and somehow worried, Alyssa was held back in doubt that Dennise was only doing this because she felt the need to divert her attention from what happened earlier. She didn't want to take the incident to her advantage and to make Dennise feel vulnerable so she decided she would have to let this one pass.