14

After the two long weeks of being away from Laura, Alyssa could not hide her excitement anymore as she exited the national highway and took the left turn leading to an upscale subdivision in Fairview, Quezon City.

She slowed down nearing the gates then she rolled her window down and poked her head out. Alyssa surrendered her ID to the security and after a quick amicable talk with the guards on duty, she cruised down the lush landscape before taking a halt at the curb near the clubhouse.

She took her phone in her hands and typed a short message for Laura.

[Fall is beautiful here in Bronx. Sorry I couldn't call you kagabi. I was so busy and was dead tired already. Miss you, Lau.]

She hit send and after a couple of seconds, her phone notified her that her favorite person in the whole world just replied.

[Awww. Don't overwork yourself, babe. Eat breakfast, ha? I wish you're here. I am cooking adobo pa naman.]

That made Alyssa smile.

[Three minutes, love.]

[Three minutes?]

Three minutes later, Alyssa's SUV was already in front of the two-storey house. She turned the engine off and quietly shut the car door behind her. Holding a single rose in her hand, she rang the doorbell continuously and almost in a pestering manner.

"Just a second!" shouted Laura. She could be seen scrambling to the door. It did not take her that long before she appeared at the front lawn with an annoyed look.

Behind a blue apron, she was just wearing her favorite Calvin and Holbes loose shirt and shorts. Her mouth hang open as soon as she realized the person behind the red rose held out in front of her face.

"Nakakangalay, Lau."

"You..." Her voice croaked. She forgot how to speak; she just jumped to Alyssa and let the hug say the words she could not pull out from her throat.

"Surprise!" Alyssa giggled, kissing Laura's temple. "Hindi na ako nakatiis. I missed you so much!"

"Bakit 'di ka nangsabi? Nakauwi ka na pala!"

"I did! Sabi ko, three minutes. Right?"

"Geez! Ikaw talaga!" Laura pulled away from the hug. She took a step back and held Alyssa's cheek. "Tell me I am not dreaming. I just dreamt of you last night. I have to be sure I am not dreaming again."

"You're not," Alyssa smiled. She leaned closely and pecked Laura's soft lips. "But then, dreams do come true."

"That's it? Just a quick smack for the two-week absence?" Laura pouted. She pulled Alyssa closer by the nape and shifted all her weight to her. They staggered backwards but the kiss was never interrupted. She was aware that they were still outside the house and that people might pass by them but she could not just get herself to stop.

Alyssa was mumbling something in between their magical moment until she tripped and both fell to the ground.

Her butt hurt and her palms were grazed.

"I am sorry. You okay? Hey, speak! Ly!" Laura checked her hands and saw little wounds on her skin. She frantically used her apron to stop the bleeding. "Aly, okay ka lang?"

But instead of an assuring answer, Alyssa heard herself laugh. She laughed loudly that Laura's dog ran out of the house and started barking at them. She was having a fit while Laura stared at her confusedly.