10

10

She was nervous. It was silly but she was nervous. 

Dennise was greeted by the amiable guards at the lobby. She smiled at them back, wishing them a happy new year. The security was no doubt a tight out around here in the building but since Dennise was already endorsed by Alyssam she can just go in and out of the north tower.

She punched the figures 32 on the panel of the elevator and found herself grinning wildly. She got out of it and walked towards Alyssa's door, her heart beating faster than normally. She rang the doorbell twice but got no immediate response. She did not want to just barge in but she had no choice, besides, she already told Alyssa that she would come and visit her. She used the spare access card to open the latch door. 

She locked the door after her before checking the kitchen. It was tidy, as always. Then next, she checked the other bedroom to see if someone was there. There was none. She placed her bag on the dining table and glanced at her watch. It was five in the afternoon, January 4. Finally, she walked inside Alyssa's room and a smile was quick to sing on her lips.

Dennise sat on the cushion chair near the bed then she removed her shoes-- all doe without her eyes leaving the peacefully sleeping Alyssa. She took off her blouse and looked for something to change into and found a navy blue cami top. She sat on the other side of the bed and removed her blue contact lenses, putting both back to its case, She sighed happily and just the sight of Alyssa sleeping soundly made her feel a bit drowsy too. Dennise stretched beside her and ehr hand finding Alyssa's hand. She kissed the latter's cheek lightly before nestling her face close to her chest.

"Den?" Alyssa asked weakly. It was the voice Dennise missed the most. Slowly, she blinked her eyes open. "Hey."

"Hi." Dennise blushed and to hide her face from Alyssa, she snuggled closer to her. "Missed you."

"I missed you too." Her weary eyes smiled. She brought Den's hand to her lips and kissed her palm lovingly. "Kanina ka pa?

"Not really. What time did you arrive? Sinong sumundo sa'yo?"

"Kanina lang... Two in the afternoon. Rina was there and so was our driver. Rome was beautiful, hon and you should know that you are too..." She winked and chuckled.

Dennsie rolled her eyes to contain her wide smile. "Parang may pinang-gamitan ka na niyan doon, ah."

"Wala, I Was saving to for you kaya." She swept the loose strands of her hair off Den's forehead before kissing the top of her head few times. "Do you have classes?"

"Sa Wednesday pa ulit ang resume. On 8. Hey, guess what.  I will have a job soon. Dad's friend hooked me up with a healthcare company. Junior CRA. Cool, right?"

"Work? You don't need work."

"Of course, I do. It's time to earn for myself na. My college saving is not for forever, hon."