6

Dennise told Alyssa to follow her in her room. There, she settled on the bed while Alyssa stood in front of her. Her head was crowded by questions but none of it escaped her mouth. Silence was in every part of the room.

Alyssa was just waiting for Dennise to start the talk, even if she knew it has to be her. Honestly, she did not know what to say and if only she could just cry sorry in front of Den but it would not change anything. She has hurt her feelings.

She heaved a deep sigh and forced the words out of her throat. "Dennise, you have every reason to be mad at me and every reason to hate me even..."

Dennise only turned her head away from Alyssa, avoiding the latter's heartfelt gaze at her. "And I know I am at fault and I will understand if you decide to... give up on me... but please know too that I am really sorry for everything I've caused you..."

Dennise did not respond but tears started to dwell on her eyes. She hated it. She hated crying for herself the most. She hated being this pathetic. She clutched her knees next to her chest, burying her face on it. It broke Alyssa's heart.

Alyssa slowly approached her and without hesitation, wrapped her trembling arms on Dennise. The other one did nothing to stop Alyssa from hugging her. And if she could just swallow her pride and hug her back, she would.

"But please also know that if ever you decide to leave me, I'll be hurt..." Alyssa rested her forehead on Dennise' shoulder. "And please stop crying because it is breaking me too..."

This made Dennise sob more. She nestled her face on Alyssa, eventually letting her arms around her waist. Finally, she spoke and it was so hard for her. She kept on choking and catching her breath. "I... I hate you. I hate you... so much... I hate..."

Alyssa kissed her forehead and used her thumbs to wipe Den's tears. "I know, Dennise. I am sorry."

"Because I don't know anymore... Can we just quit it if paglalaruan mo lang ako?"

"Dennise, never. I will never do that. Please, maniwala ka..." She kissed her tears again. "It was my least intention to hurt your feelings, Dennise."