Ten

Mia stared at me, her eyes narrowed

Mia stared at me, her eyes narrowed. "Darcie?" She whispered her best friend's name. Leaning away from me, Mia frowned and shook her head as a slight chuckle passed her lips. "Darcie Scott is going to be your Rally Girl? Oh, God, that's so funny."

Despite her words, I could tell that the whole situation was far from being funny for Mia. Jealousy ran in her veins and as much as I wanted to believe that the whole Darcie thing wouldn't bother her, there was that point one per cent of me that was sure my girlfriend would still hate the idea of Darcie being my RG.

"Wait," Mia suddenly says, leaping to her feet and giving me an accusatory glare. "Don't you have football camp on Monday?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"And she's going to be there?"

"That's the idea," I explain, suddenly very aware of the fact that this conversation was getting dangerously close to verging into jealousy territory. I sit upright and shuffle to the edge of the bed, clasping my hands on my knees. "Trust me, I'm just as bummed about this as you are. Darcie and me, we don't get along and now we've got to get through camp as well as the whole football season. You know we're just going to end up fighting a lot. She may even kill me."

Cracking a smile, I reach out my hand for Mia to take and once I feel her warmth against my skin, I pull her towards me. Falling back on the bed, Mia's body presses against mine, her neck exposed. Smirking, I tilt my head slightly and ghost my lips against the exposed skin. A moan passed Mia's lips and her hands began to roam to the hem of my t-shirt. 

"My parents are downstairs, Nix," Mia whispers in my ear.

"And?" I challenge, turning my head to explore the other side of her neck. "Am I the one that's trying to take your shirt off?"

"No, but you know that it drives me crazy when you nuzzle my neck."

"Then stop me," I say, wrapping my arms around Mia's waist and wrestling her to the bed so that I can get on top. "You're not stopping me, Mia."

"Wait," Mia's breathless voice tickled against my cheek. Tapping her palm against my bicep, she tries to push me away but it was futile. Knowing when to stop, I move away from her and roll over onto my back so that I lie next to Mia. I wasn't disappointed that we hadn't gone further, but for some reason, Mia felt like she should apologize. "I'm sorry, baby. I can't go there when I'm thinking about you and Darcie."

I frown. "There is no me and Darcie."

"I know," Mia mumbled. Reaching out to lift her chin up, I force her to look at me in the eye. "It's just... I might be a little jealous, that's all."

"You have no reason to be jealous, Mia," I assure her. I gently kiss her lips and cup her cheeks between my hands. "You're the only girl I want. Ok? Darcie is inconsequential."

Mia smiles. "I know she is. That doesn't mean that I don't get to be jealous, though."

"