Chapter Twenty One.

Start from the beginning

“You never answered my question.” Tommy cut back in. He flicks my arm. Wow, mature. “Was she good?”

I roll my eyes upward. “I don’t remember.” Weren’t we already over this?

“Let’s get past that. How could see be anything other than good in bed?” Tommy moves his eyes to a point over my shoulder. Following his gaze, I find Dakota walking out of the bathroom, her fingers combing through her honey hair, piling it into a messy ponytail. “I mean, look at her.” Tommy says. “She’s so hot.” He moans. He actually moans!

I shove his shoulder hard. “You are truly disgusting, my man.”

Tommy pouts, rubbing his hand over his shoulder. “Don’t act like you don’t think about it.” He looks back over to Dakota, whom was now hovered over by the bar. Before she stepped behind it, she threw her arms over her head, arching her back up as she stretched. What a great view to give Tommy at this moment. He moans, again, before spreading out his hands in front of him as he talks. “Wouldn’t you just love to peel her clothes off? You can’t honestly tell me you don’t think about her naked.”

Once more, I roll my eyes. Luke was stifling his laughter beside me. I smirk at Tommy. “I’ve already seen her naked.” Not that I really remember what she looks like naked, minus the quick glimpse I received of her breasts the morning after the party. And those were nice. I was shocked to find the skin tan. I wondered how she tanned her breasts. Okay, why am I thinking about this? Shaking my head forcefully, I rub the corner of my eyes.

“Bro, let’s trade places.”

“Just shut up.” I laugh, slapping a hand to his forehead, pushing him back to his post in the back.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We finish our set late that night. We finally come to end on our last song at about midnight. The club was packed as usual with drunk teenagers and it was hot and stuffy. I had strict orders, (from my father, of course) to go help Dakota in his office. He was working the bar tonight, and Dakota and I were to make flyers for the fifties night.

Packing up my guitar, I wed my goodbyes with Luke and Tommy, before heading off to my father’s office. I nod at my dad in a greeting as I pass the overly crowed bar, then swing open the office door.

Dakota was seated in the big, black chair by my father’s desk. Her feet were propped up on the table, crossed at the ankles and she was talking on the phone, fingering the end of her shirt.

“Who are you talking to?” I ask as I slide a chair over to the edge of the desk beside her. Lowering down on the chair, I roll my head to look at her.

She brings her finger up to her lips, telling me to be quiet. I roll my eyes at her, reaching over her ankles in order to grab a piece of paper.

“Stacey, yeah.” So, she was talking to Stacey. How is Stacey? I haven’t seen her since we left last night, which isn’t a long time if you think about it, but still. “Sure, sleepover tonight if you want.”

I hide a smirk at that one.

Dakota was saying, “Yeah, I have to go, though. I’m working. Alright, see you tonight, bye.” Then she hung up with a heavy breath. Dropping her phone down onto the desk, she meets my gaze.

“You still have sleepovers?” I tease.

She scowls. “Shut up, tough guy. You’re just jealous you weren’t invited.”

I give a curt laugh. “Yeah, right.”

She glares at me. Placing her feet back on the floor, she reaches for the black sharpie in my hand.

Since I just feel like pestering her, I hold it high in the air, out of her reach. With my six foot, and only her five foot, she was out of luck. “Get your own marker.” I say.

“Elijah, you are impossible.” She stands up, trying to grab the marker. She was in reach now, but I move my arm back at last moment, her fingers missing. She pouts. It was cute the way her lips pursed together. “Elijah, please.” She begs, jutting out her smooth, pink bottom lip.

“Did you even start on these posters?” I drop my arm, but close my fist around the marker. She stood in front of me, so I gently push her aside. Looking at the desk, I see nothing but blank paper.

She twirls her hair guiltily. “I was speaking on the phone.” She lets go of her hair, sticking her chin defiantly in the air.

“You’re such a slacker.”

“Well, give me the marker and we can get started.”

I raise my eyebrows. “How do you expect to get the word out about all of this?”

She rolls her eyes, and leans on her hip as though it’s obvious. “We hang up these posters. We can also make an ad on the internet.”

I nod my head. I was about to say something, but before I knew what was happening, Dakota slide into my lap. She grabbed my hand, and since my limbs have gone weak with the feeling of her pressed against me, easily grabbed the marker from my palm. She was gone just as quickly as she came.

“Victory is mine!” She held the marker up in triumph, bouncing excitedly on the balls of her feet.

“And you say I’m the immature one.”

Vote, comment, fan (: I love the ones who comment. Thank you for taking your time to tell me what you think. I hope you keep on reading till the end!