27.

[A/N: I guess this is a warning? If you can't handle needles and people being in a lot of pain don't read this chapter. I decided to put a warning here just in case. Love ya.]

Cry's P.O.V.

When I tried to open my eyes, they felt extremely heavy, like I hadn't opened them in years. I managed to open them the slightest bit and was blinded by a bright light coming from a window in the wall next to me. I groaned and was about to give up and close my eyes again when I heard a familiar voice.

“Cry?”

The voice made me more alert and I opened my eyes farther, turning my head and wincing when that hurt. I saw Snake sitting against the wall, but the moment he noticed I was awake he jumped up from his spot and hurried towards me, crouching next to me.

“W-What...” I tried to ask him what happened and whether the group was okay, but speaking hurt too much and the pain made me feel dizzy. I looked down and saw someone had messily wrapped part of a shirt around the stab wound the hunter had inflicted.

“Try not to talk just yet. You lost way too much blood.” Snake said. I'd never seen him look this worried before, which made me feel anxious.

I took a second to look at our surroundings. We appeared to be in some kind of prison cell, the only light coming from the small, barred window on the wall. Apart from a broken sink and toilet, the cell was completely empty. Everything was a bit blurry and I knew it to be caused by blood loss. This had happened to me before, after all.

“You're really pale. Are you cold?” Snake asked, giving me a nervous glance before looking around the cell. I was pale? How could he see that..?

I brought my hand up to my face and felt my cold skin, making me freeze. My mask was gone. Why was my mask gone?!

I tried to push myself up from the ground, but screamed when it hurt my side and fell back down, trying to keep breathing. With every breath, I felt a pang of pain in my side and it felt like utter hell.

“Cry, calm down.” Snake shushed me, “You're hurting yourself so stop moving.”

I would, but I couldn't stop my body from shaking. The cell was freezing — for me it was, anyway — and I felt weak, like I had absolutely no energy left in me. I tried breathing slower, but that only hurt more and I ended up coughing as an automatic reaction to not getting enough air. I felt tears sting in my eyes at the pain it caused and I started to panic, reaching out for Snake and mentally asking him for help.

Snake suddenly stood up and walked away from me, making me panic even more. My vision blurred as I saw him walk to the locked cell door and he yelled something that I couldn't make out. It sounded distant.

I tightly pressed my eyes shut and prayed for the pain to magically disappear. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I opened my eyes again, spotting an unfamiliar face above me. The guy had black, messy hair and a small beard and mustache. I could tell he was one of the hunters from the dark clothes he was wearing.

“Stop panicking, you're only making this harder for yourself.” The guy said in a calm voice, looking at me with a worried expression. He placed his hand on my forehead and bit his lip, turning around and grabbing something from behind him. I could see it was a first-aid kit.

“We need to close his wound or he won't make it.” The guy said and Snake immediately nodded, crouching down on the other side of me. He started removing his self-made bandage and I winced when he had to tear a bit of fabric out of my wound because it had gotten stuck.

“Hey, buddy. This is gonna hurt.” The guy said when he held up a bottle of alcohol. I pressed my eyes shut and a couple of seconds later, a horrible pain shot through my entire body as he spilled some of the disinfectant on my wound and I screamed out in pain, my instincts taking over. With the bit of energy I had left, I raised my hands and tried to push the guy away from me, but Snake grabbed my wrists and pinned my arms to the cold ground. I didn't struggle under his grip but he didn't let go, knowing the worst pain was yet to come.