2.

"What the- there's someone here!"

"Ew, there's so much blood."

"What the fuck happened to him..?"

"Poor dude."

"Is he wearing a mask?"

I could faintly hear voices, but they sounded extremely distant. I opened my eyes a little bit, but my vision was too blurry to make out more than a few mixed colours, so I allowed them to close again.

"Is he dead?" I heard a woman ask with a whimper. "Scott, go check."

"What? Why me?" a male spoke up.

"I'll check. If he's alive, he needs our help." I heard footsteps getting closer and someone seemed to crouch next to me. I felt two fingers on my neck. They were checking my pulse.

"He's still alive!" the person said in shock. I forced my eyes to open once again and could vaguely see a guy with brown hair and glasses hovering above me. I blinked a few times, making my vision a bit sharper, and could now see it had turned dark. Shit, that meant I had been lying here for more than 4 hours or something.

"W-What do we do now? Do we help him?" The guy with the glasses sat down on the ground next to me, turning to look at the woman that spoke. I could now see there were 6 people here.

"Should we wait for him to regain consciousness?" a blonde guy asked, sounding unsure. Oh, right. They couldn't really see that my eyes were open because of my mask, especially in the dark, so they didn't know I was already conscious.

"Scott, you still have bandages in your backpack, right?" the guy that was still sitting next to me asked. This so called 'Scott' scoffed, folding his arms across his chest.

"We're not actually helping this guy, are we?" he asked in disbelieve.

"Colonel.." someone said in a warning tone. It was a voice I hadn't heard before. It was an extremely low voice as well. Like damn, dude, did you fall in a pit of gravel when you were younger or something?

"Why on earth would we help him? That looks like a fucking zombie bite to me," Scott defended himself. Zombie? Was that their way of saying 'infected'?

"Oh no, is he bit?" a small, female voice came from behind Scott. There were two women standing there, tightly holding on to each other.

"I- I don't know.." the guy next to me mumbled quietly, looking over at me. My head was throbbing like crazy and my leg hurt like hell. I moved my head a little and the guy gasped.

"He's awake!" he said, quickly shuffling closer towards me again, "Hey, can you hear me?"

I just looked at him for a second and then nodded, immediately regretting it when a wave of pain shot through my entire head. I had lost way too much blood.

"Are you bit?" Scott asked, walking closer towards me and looking at my bloody leg. I managed to weakly shake my head.

"He's losing too much blood, we need to stop the bleeding," the blonde guy said, reaching for Scott's backpack. He quickly stepped away and narrowed his eyes at the blonde.

"We don't have a lot of bandages left, why the fuck would we give it to some stranger?"

"Because this stranger will die if we don't help him! Just give me the damn bandages, Scott!" blonde said loudly. Scott sighed and gave in, opening his backpack and giving bandages to the blonde, who in turn threw them to the brown-haired guy next to me. I winced when he tore the fabric of my jeans out of my wound, and I looked away from my bloody leg. He started wrapping the bandage around my wound while I tried to stop myself from shivering. After my leg was all bandaged up, he took my hand and did the same to the cut that my knife had caused.

"I still think he's bit. We should just shoot him and move on," Scott said, closing his backpack again.

"What the fuck, Jund! We're not going to shoot him!" one of the two women spoke up, looking at Scott in shock. She had brown hair with purple bangs. She was hugging the woman next to her, who had dark brown hair and seemed to have one red eye, which was a bit weird.

"Snake, what do you think?" Scott asked the guy with the low voice, who was apparently called Snake. Huh, mysterious name.

Snake stayed quiet for a while and everyone seemed to be waiting for his answer. Eventually, he sighed a little.

"We should help him."

"What? But he's bit! We can't ha-" "Guys! Stop! We can discuss this later, but we've got to get a move on," the guy with the glasses stopped Scott from finishing his sentence. He then turned to me, giving me a worried look.

"Do you think you can stand? How long have you been lying here?" he asked. I just shrugged weakly, lightly pushing myself up from the ground. Both the guy with the glasses and the blonde guy helped me on my feet. I was shaking uncontrollably and basically had all my weight on the two guys. That dog and the blood loss had really fucked me up..

"I think we have to carry him. He has no energy to walk," glasses guy said. "Pewds, do you think you can carry him?"

The blonde guy nodded and lifted me up surprisingly easily by placing his other arm under my knees, careful not to hurt my leg, and he carried me bridal style. They started walking, the guy with the low voice in front. It was an understatement to say I was surprised. Why would they help me? I mean, that Scott guy had a point. Why share their belongings to a random stranger? It just didn't make any sense.

I had to try my best to stay awake. My eyes felt heavy and I was exhausted, but I knew that if I gave in now, there was a big chance I wouldn't wake up again. The guy with the glasses seemed to realize this as well, because he spoke up all of the sudden.

"Pewds, make sure he stays awake," he warned the blonde, who looked down at me.

"How do I know if he's awake if I can't see his eyes?" he asked in confusion and he stopped walking. That was a simple answer; you don't.

"Just take off his fucking mask, geez," Scott said, stepping towards me and reaching for my mask. My eyes widened and I grabbed his wrist tightly, making him wince in pain.

"Don't touch my fucking mask," I growled. I was sure I almost broke his wrist and I let go again, laughing internally at Scott's feared expression. He got the point.

"So he can talk. Cool!" Glasses guy chuckled. We continued walking — or well, everyone continued walking while I was still being carried. I hated this. I was so vulnerable and my whole life was in the hands of these strangers.

It was so hard to stay awake and everything started spinning. I made a little pained sound and the blonde, Pewds, looked at me in worry.

He told the guy in front something, but I couldn't hear it anymore. It sounded like I was suddenly underwater. It was even getting harder to breathe without winching in pain.

Pewds placed me on the ground and said something to me, although I had no idea what. His bright, blue eyes were the last thing I saw before everything turned dark once again.