8.

Felix's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes, squinting at the bright sunlight coming from the small window. For a second - only a small second - I was confused as to why I was lying on such a soft surface, but then all the memories came back and I remembered the small city we had entered, together with the three guys we met yesterday.

A content sigh left my lips as I pushed myself up from the mattress and looked at Russ. He was still sound asleep, his arms covering his head to block out the sun. I couldn't help but smile.

Stretching, I looked over at Cry's bed, seeing it was empty. I muttered a curse when I remembered the terrible nightmare he had last night. I shivered at the thought of it. Russ and I woke up to him screaming and trashing in his bed, and he even managed to crawl to the very corner of the room after that, shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. I had never seen someone have such a horrible nightmare. All of this left me with a question..

Who was Cheyenne?

I stood up from the mattress and quietly opened the bedroom door - making sure not to wake Russ from his peaceful slumber - and looked out into the hallway. I could hear Minx and Krism talk from their room and Snake and Scott's door was open, making me think they were already downstairs. They weren't people to sleep in anyway.

I closed the door behind me and walked through the small hallway, going down the stairs. As I entered the living room Scott looked up from the papers he had laid out on the coffee table, flashing me a smile.

"Good morning, Pewds."

"Morning." I smiled back and Snake gave me a firm nod, focusing on the papers once again.

"What are you two doing?" I asked, walking over to them. I could now see the papers were mostly hand-written letters or small maps with red circles around some cities.

"Finding a friend," was the only thing Snake said. I frowned and nodded. I knew Snake and Scott were trying to find an old friend, but I didn't really know why; they hadn't told us at all.

I looked away from the two when I heard people laughing. Jack, Mark and Ken were sitting at the large dining table, laughing at something Mark had said. After a moment of hesitation, I let out a sigh and headed towards the trio, forcing a smile on my face. Don't get me wrong, I liked these guys, but I still didn't trust them. Cry had been with us for almost a week now, and I still didn't fully trust him yet, so there was no way these guys could gain my trust in only one day. They had to earn it.

"Good morning," I greeted the three and they turned towards me, greeting me as well. They seemed cheerful and energetic, which was good. If you wake up with a good mood you're already halfway through surviving the day.

I wasn't sure whether I should take a seat as well so I kinda just awkwardly stood there, until I got the idea to lean against the rotten kitchen counter to seem casual. I listened to their conversation, joining in at times, until Ken very suddenly changed the subject.

"Hey, is Cry alright?" he asked, giving me a slightly worried look. I felt my stomach drop and do a little twist.

I don't quite know why I reacted the way I did, but I pushed myself away from the counter and quickly responded, my words coming out so rushed and messily that it was almost impossible to hear, "What? Why? Where is he?"

The three frowned and shared a few glances before pointing to the living room, where Snake and Scott were still looking at the papers in concentration. I looked at them in confusion, wondering if maybe Ken had mixed up Cry with Scott, when I saw him. He was sitting on the big windowsill, looking outside through the dirty, white curtains.