Chapter 22

"Frank, I'm so sorry about you mom," Mr. Stump said when I walked into my session.

I've been practicing fake crying and thank fuck that was paying off right about now.

I sniffled, looking down at my feet.

"Oh, you poor thing," he mumbled.

He pulled me into a hug and a smiled, trying my hardest to contain my laugh. God, he is so fucking stupid.

-+-

I was about to start cooking dinner when I realized I didn't have any chicken.

"Baby! I'm running out to the store!" I called.

I frowned when I got no reply. I went into the other room and saw him with headphones on, coloring on a piece of paper with some crayons he must've found. His head bobbed softly to the music and I smiled. I tapped his shoulder and he took off his headphones to look up at me.

"I'm going to the store," I told him. "Can I trust you enough to not chain you up?"

He smiled and nodded. I sighed, grabbing my keys and heading out. It didn't take long at the store and I walked back quickly. Gee being alone made me a little nervous, especially since he wasn't chained in the basement. I cleaned up Mr. Stump's body earlier so at least that was one less thing I had to worry about.

I walked inside, immediately looking for something bad that must've happened. There was soft footsteps and I looked over to where Gee was standing in the doorway, my open laptop in his arms.

"Daddy, I was checking my email and I found a lot of weird emails," he said.

"You used my laptop without asking?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Gee looked between me and the laptop, whimpering quietly.

"What were the emails?" I asked.

He handed me the device and I saw the emails. They were awful. They made my blood boil. It talked about everything this man would do to Gee if he got his hands on him. How he would fuck his pretty ass until Gee came over and over again. How he'd come all over my baby's porcelain pale skin. All sorts of nasty things he'd do.

"Who the fuck is this?" I growled.

Gee whimpered, hugging me tight as I set the laptop on the table.

"Daddy, he's scaring me," Gee cried. "I don't want him to touch me."

I wrapped my arms around him, a dark scowl on my face.

"I won't let him lay a finger on him," I reassured. "Do you know who he is?"

He shook his head, sniffling quietly.

"I-I've never heard of him before," Gee whimpered.

I frowned but Gee wouldn't let go of me.

"I'm scared," he cried.

I caressed his cheek, kissing his forehead.

"Don't be scared, baby, daddy's gonna take care of it," I said.

He nodded softly and I ran a hand through his hair. I pulled him upstairs to my bedroom, getting him nice and comfortable in my bed.

"You wait here until I get back, okay?" I asked and he nodded.

I put his headphones on him, which was connected to my iPod. I started playing some music for him as I handed him his coloring book and his crayons. I went to leave but Gee stopped me, as he always does.