Chapter 13

I sat down across the seat from Mr. Stump, scowling as I crossed my arms in annoyance.

"Hello, Frank," he greeted.

I glared at him in response. He's lost weight since the first time we've met when I was seven, nearly nine years ago, he's also shaved off those fucking sideburns.

"How are you?" He asked.

I didn't say anything.

He sighed. "Frank, you are fifteen years old, you've been ignoring me 80% of the time in the past eight years."

I stared at him.

"Okay, Frank," he said. "I heard about how you pushed that guy down the stairs. Why'd you do it?"

"He was standing in front of me," I stated.

"That's it? He was just standing in front of you?" He asked and I nodded. "Please tell me there was at least some sort of reason. Maybe he was bullying you? Maybe bullying another kid?"

I shook my head, a small smirk on my face. "All he did was step in front of me and I pushed his sorry ass down the stairs."

Mr. Stump pinched the bridge of his nose, his wedding ring glimmering in the light.

"Frank, the only reason you aren't in prison is because you are incompetent to stand trial. I managed to get them to not send you to a mental hospital but if you aren't cooperating and getting better here then they might send you," Mr. Stump warned.

"I'm not crazy," I denied.

"You're mentally ill, Frank," he stated.

I hit my fist on the desk, standing up and glaring down at him.

"No I'm not!" I screamed. "I'm perfectly fine!"

-+-

I was sitting on the couch, watching the tv in front of me. Gee came in from where he had been playing in the other room. He sat next to me, shaking my shoulder with a pouty look on his face.

"Daddy, why don't you ever take me on dates?" He whined.

I frowned in confusion.

"A date?" I asked.

"Yes," he pouted, crossing his arms.

"Why?" I asked.

He sighed in frustration. "I like going on dates with boys I like. I think dates are fun and romantic. Like in the movies and they're all so nice. But one time we went to a movie and it was really scary. I didn't like that so much. My favorite is when we go out to dinner, it's so nice. There's just something so romantic and intimate about it. Plus there's good food and that's always a good thing. Can we please go on a dinner date, daddy?"

Ew, romance.

"Maybe some other time," I muttered, looking back at the tv screen.

He pouted, moving in front of me to block the screen.

"Daddy," he whined. "I wanna go on a date with you."

I sighed, trying to look around him but he blocked my view. I crossed my arms but he merely just stepped forward and straddled my hips. He kissed my cheek, giving me his puppy dog eyes.

"Daddy, pwease?" He asked in his cutest, most innocent voice possible. "I'll be such a good boy, I pwomise."

I bit my lip, glaring at him but I couldn't hold it. I sighed, running a hand down my face.