Chapter 21

I smiled at my mom and she smiled back happily. It was just after I turned seventeen and everything has been going according to plan. To everyone, I had gotten great help and was doing so much better mentally.

But there's not even anything wrong with me.

"I made you tea, mom," I said.

"Oh, sweetheart, thank you so much," she said.

I smiled, sitting beside her on the couch with my own cup. She set the cup down, giving me a hug.

Don't punch her, Frank, if you punch her then everything will be ruined.

I forced a smile, hugging her back.

God, I hate this.

"Here, drink up before it gets cold," I said.

She chuckled, picking up her cup and drinking it.

"I'm going to do my homework," I lied.

I smiled, going up to my room. I sat at my desk, looking at the blank paper in front of me as I grabbed a pen. It took me a while, but I had learned my mom's handwriting and signature. I wrote out everything I could think of to possibly make this believable before I finished, grabbing my guitar and strumming softly. I played random chords that really had no melody for a while, listening to music through my headphones.

After a few hours, I grabbed the paper and went back out. On my way, I passed the kitchen. The medicine cabinet was open and empty pill bottles were strewn across the counter from where I had crushed them up and put them into my mom's tea.

I set the paper down on the coffee table next to her unconscious body as I grabbed my cup. I wasn't sure if she was dead or just passed out, but either way she was too far gone to be saved. I washed my cup and put it away, picking up the phone and dialing a number.

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator asked.

"I'd like to report a suicide."

-+-

I sat on the couch, the tv playing some show that Gee wanted to watch. He was sitting at my feet, which was his own decision, not that I minded at all. I had put lotion on his ass to help him feel better and a new clean pair of panties but he still sat on a pillow on the ground. He was leaning against my leg, hugging the big clear tub of animal crackers as he munched on them quietly.

"Like this show, baby?" I asked.

He nodded softly and I pet his hair gently. Gee leaned into the touch when I heard the doorbell ring. I sighed, standing up as Gee looked up at me questionably.

"Stay here," I said.

I went over and opened the front door. I froze when I saw the person in front of me.

"Hi, Frank," Mr. Stump said.

I stared at him and his ginger hair and black fedora. A black pair of glasses resting on his round face.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked, looking behind me.

Thankfully Gee listened this time and stayed watching tv.

"We haven't talked in quite a while and I thought I'd check in and see how you're doing," he said. "How long has it been now?"

I bit my lip, wishing he'd just leave. "I don't know, ten years or so."

"Wow, you're all grown up now," he remarked. "What, 33? 32?"

"32," I answered shortly.

God, why can't he ever just leave me alone?