Chapter 18

Now I'm not saying this is the weirdest thing I've ever written, but it's definitely number 2 or 3 on the list

~~

I walked through the hallways at school. It was a week after my sixteenth birthday and I scowled at everyone. I couldn't possibly be in a worse mood if I tried. God, everything was fucking awful. My mom is an ass, Mr. Stump is an ass, everyone is an ass.

"Freak," I heard someone mutter as other kids laughed.

I looked over and saw them pointing at me. My eyes narrowed, my hand clenching around the gun in my hoodie pocket.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me, practically tackling me. The two of us fell into an empty classroom as he got up and shut the door. I saw the black fedora on the ground and I immediately knew who it was.

"Frank, give me my gun," he ordered.

I took it when he left for a bathroom break during our last session. It was locked in a cabinet but I had stolen his keys off him. He must've just now realized it was stolen.

"Frank, give it," he said.

I shook my head, pulling the gun out and pointing it at his head as I cocked it.

"You don't want to do this," Mr. Stump said, keeping relatively calm for a situation like this. "There are security cameras everywhere, your fingerprints are on everything. I'm the only person keeping you here. If I'm dead there is nothing stopping the courts from sending you to prison or a mental hospital."

I scowled at him, feeling even angrier.

"Well then I'll finally be out of this hell!" I shouted.

"Frank, you can still make the right choice here," Mr. Stump said softly.

"This is the right choice," I growled.

I pulled the trigger, aiming it directly at his head.

There was a small click and I stared at the gun in horror. I tried again but it just made the same small sound.

The gun was out of fucking ammo.

I screamed, throwing the gun at his head. He dodged it, picking it up and putting it in the back waistband of his jeans. Mr. Stump calmly picked up his hat and put it on his head. That made me even more angry.

I jumped at him, throwing punches as I screamed and yelled. I saw the door open out of the corner of my eye and I saw Patrick's boyfriend--or husband, I don't know, I don't really listen to him. Joe grabbed me off of Mr. Stump, holding one arm as Mr. Stump grabbed the other. I fought against them, kicking and screaming as they dragged me out of the room. I was going backwards, watching everyone staring at me, laughing and even taking photos.

"I'm going to kill you!" I screamed. "I'm going to kill all of you!"

-+-

It was later at night now and Gerard was feeling so much better. In fact, he's been baking random things in the kitchen for the past two hours. Every now and then he would come in while I'm watching tv and feed me something.