Chapter 19

I tried to tell my mom I wanna buy a condo but what came out of my mouth instead was "I wanna look at condoms" and I haven't stopped laughing

~~

I sat down sullenly, my arms crossed. Mr. Stump is trying this new thing where he takes away all sorts of electronics and books that give a bad message. I get no computer, no phone, no tv, no video games, no Stephen King, no nothing. Nothing with violence or danger. My mom has left me here with a couple of kids movies and a DVD player.

"They were just empty threats, he isn't going to act upon them," my mom said over the phone to my principal after I said I'd kill everyone. "He doesn't mean it, he's getting help...I know that it's not good but--...but he's getting help...Okay, I understand, sir."

It was quiet for a moment as my mom opened the door to my room and I glared at her.

"Well, you were expelled," she said.

She came and sat next to me on the bed and I made a face of disgust.

"Why would you steal Mr. Stump's gun and bring it to school, Frank?" She asked.

I frowned, shrugging my shoulders.

"What happened to my sweet little boy?" She wondered, eyes filled with tears. "You used to be so cute and sweet when you were little. You changed so much when you were three. Is my sweet boy at least somewhere in there?"

Her hand rested on my cheek gently and I flinched. I grabbed her wrist, twisting it as I stood up and she winced.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I shouted.

Tears fell down her cheeks and I couldn't help but smile slightly.

"Frank, please! Let go!" My mom cried.

"Don't touch me!" I repeated.

"I'm sorry! I won't!" She promised.

I glared at her, letting go. My mom cradled her wrist to her chest as she hurried out of the room. She was scared of me. I liked it.

-+-

I woke up the next morning, seeing Gee still asleep. His head was resting on my chest and I hardly wanted to breathe for fear of waking him. He was snoring softly, his face completely relaxed and peaceful. I didn't want to wake him and ruin his peace.

But fuck, my back was starting to cramp. I needed so badly to stretch. But I didn't want to wake little Gee. Instead, I held his head up gently, replacing my spot with a pillow. I watched him cuddle up against it as I stretched, sighing in relief. I leaned down to gently kiss his forehead before I headed into the bathroom.

I used the toilet then started the shower, taking off my boxers and t-shirt. I looked over my expanse of tattoos in the mirror, yawning before stepping into the shower.

I was washing shampoo out of my hair when I heard something over the stream of the water.

"Daddy!" Gee called.

"I'm in here, baby!" I shouted.

A few moments later I saw Gee walk in through the foggy glass. He stepped into the shower with me and gave me a hug.

"Morning, baby, sleep well?" I asked

He nodded softly, yawning.

"Still tired?" I asked.

He nodded again and I chuckled.

"Here, let me wash your hair, beautiful," I said.

He turned around, letting me scrub soap into his hair gently. Gee leaned back into my touch a small sigh leaving his lips. I watched the white suds contrast with his black hair. It was beautiful. More beautiful than anything I've ever seen.