Chapter 8

Someone just stopped me in the bathroom and called me adorable and she cooed over me and now I'm smiling

~~

"Hey! Pass the ball!" Someone shouted.

I stood in the middle of the field during gym class. The teacher last year was pretty cool because I didn't have to do anything if I didn't want to. But now that I'm in third grade I have to actually play sports.

"C'mon! Are you retarded or something?!" Someone yelled.

I looked at the football in my arms, dropping it down on the ground and stomping on it, watching the air deplete.

-+-

The two of us sat at the counter in the candy shop. Gee happily ate his root beer float while I sat beside him, swirling my spoon around the big cup.

"Don't you like it?" Gee asked, a bit of ice cream on his upper lip.

I sighed, grabbing a napkin to wipe the ice cream away.

"Sort of," I stated.

Gee frowned and I gave him a small, forced smile. Truth be told, I was high uncomfortable. Beside me was some sticky, snot nosed kid practically burying his head in a big bowl of chocolate ice cream. There was two kids screaming as they ran around happily and a mom talking on the phone in the corner. It was loud and obnoxious. I hate kids.

"I'm done," gee said.

I saw his empty cup, then looked at the worker that was currently at the cash register with some young girl. I grabbed Gee's hand and pulled him out of the shop. He looked at me in shock as we walked down the street.

"But...but you didn't pay," Gee said.

"So?" I asked. "If I didn't really like it then why should I have to pay?"

"But he made it for you so don't you have to?" Gee asked.

"Not if I don't like it, don't you know the customer is always right?" I asked.

Gee shrugged, holding onto my hand as we walked.

"Daddy, can I pretty please get the new stuffie?" Gee asked, giving me his best puppy dog face. "Please, oh please? Puppy needs a friend."

"Fine, let's go," I said.

He smiled happily as we walked to a toy store. He looked over the shelves before finding one he liked. It was a light purple elephant. He was about to grab it off the shelf when some little girl with little blonde pigtails snatched it, not even noticing Gee.

"Mommy look! I want this one!" She cheered.

Gee's lip quivered but he didn't say anything as he went to look for a different stuffie. I frowned, feeling angry as I went up to the girl and snatched the toy from her hands. She burst into tears and her mom looked at me in shock.

"Excuse me, sir, my daughter had that," the lady said.

I kneeled down to the little girl's height as she wiped away some tears. She looked to be about two or three years old.

"Do you want the toy?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes please."

"Well you can go fuck yourself," I spat.

Her mother gasped, pulling her child away out of the store. I handed the stuffie to Gee and he smiled happily, kissing my cheek. We paid for the toy (because Gee kept insisting that we shouldn't steal it) and left the store. He hugged his elephant to his chest happily as we walked.