Chapter 11

"Frankie, the nice man's just gonna have a little conversation with you, okay?" My mom asked as she bent down to my height.

I crossed my arms, scowling at her. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room. I was sat down in a big chair across a desk from a man. My mom left the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Hi there, Frank," the man said. "I'm Mr. Stump, your psychiatrist."

He gave me a smile and I frowned, my arms crossing over my chest once again. He had ginger hair and pale skin, a black fedora on his head.

"Do you know what a psychiatrist is?" He asked.

I didn't say anything as I stared at him.

"Well, a psychiatrist is someone who can make you feel better," he said. "Do you ever feel upset? Maybe different than other people?"

I stared at him.

Mr. Stump cleared his throat and looked down at a paper in front of him. "Well look here, you just had your seventh birthday a week ago. How was that? Did you have a party with all your friends?"

I didn't move.

"Do you have any friends, Frank?" He asked.

I didn't say anything.

"Do you know why your mom brought you here?" He asked while I stayed silent. "It's because you've done rather bad things. Why did you do them, Frank? Are there, maybe, voices that tell you to do them?"

No, there aren't voices that tell me. I'm not fucking insane. But I wasn't gonna tell him that. I refuse to tell him anything.

"The faster you talk to me the faster you can get out of here," Mr. Stump said.

Fuck you, dickwad. How's that?

"Okay, maybe you're just a little bit uncomfortable with me," He said. "How about I tell you a little something about me and you tell me something about you, deal? Okay, my name is Patrick,, I'm engaged to my boyfriend, his name is Joe. We've been together for three years now. Were originally from Chicago but moved here about a year ago. We have a dog together and a nice house. What about Frank? Tell me something about you."

I stared at him and he gave me a reassuring smile.

"It can be anything at all," he urged. "Do you have a pet? What's your favorite color? What's your lucky number? What do you want to be when you grow up? If you could wish for anything, what would it be?"

"I wish you and your fucking boyfriend will burn in hell," I spat.

Mr. Stump looked shocked as he stared at me. "W-well I guess that's a start."

-+-

Gee looked over my shoulder in the dark. I plugged in his night light and giggled happily. It was shaped like a heart and partially lit up the basement for him. He threw his arms around me while I grunted, standing up. I went back over and turned on the lights while he smiled.

"Happy now?" I asked.

He nodded and I went over to one of the tables I had. I sharpened my knives that were starting to get dull, looking over at Gee, who was playing with Puppy with his paci in his mouth. He was giggling happily, deep into little space.

I bit my lip as I looked away. I was fucking on edge. My skin itched, and heart longed. I wanted to kill someone so badly. I haven't since that time I drowned someone in the park. But fuck I wanted to right now so badly.