Chapter 16

"Okay, frank, you've been doing so well for the past two months," Mr. Stump said with a smile.

I gave my best fake smile, charming him. If I can prove to him that I'm fine then I can get out of here.

"I wanna talk about something we haven't talked about before," he said.

I looked at him in confusion. What is there that we haven't talked about in the past nine fucking years?

"Can you tell me about your father?" He asked.

I froze, feeling a bit of bile in the back of my throat.

I shook my head stiffly.

"Not at all?" Mr. Stump questioned.

I shook my head again.

I don't even want to fucking think about him.

-+-

I still can't believe Gee told me he loved me. I haven't heard that since my mom told me when I was eight. After that, she was more scared of me than affectionate towards me.

I think I loved Gee. I mean, I don't really know what love feels like. But all I know is that I feel slightly obsessed so I guess that's love.

"'Gmorning," Gee mumbled tiredly.

He rubbed his bleary eyes, his head still against my chest. He had fallen back asleep for about an hour and a half after the police left. Gee looked up at me, giving me a small smile and leaning up to kiss my jaw.

"Morning, baby," I greeted.

He yawned, stretching out his arms. I kissed his forehead and he curled into a little ball in my arms. His eyes were less puffy now than they were before, which was a very good thing. I kissed his temple softly and he giggled.

"What do you wanna do today?" I asked.

"Cuddle," he said, wrapping his arms around me.

Gee buried his face into the crook of my neck, humming quietly and contently. I wrapped my arms around him, hearing him sigh happily.

"Actually, can we go out today?" He asked.

"I don't know if that's a very good idea with the police," I said.

Gee frowned but nodded sadly.

"I wanted a new dress," he said. "I was gonna get dressed up all pretty for you."

"All pretty, huh?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded. I smirked, trailing my hand up his thigh, feeling the soft material of his onesie.

"Dress up all for me, sweetheart?" I whispered.

I heard his breath hitch as he nodded.

"How about I go out and buy you a pretty little outfit to wear, yeah?" I suggested.

Gee smiled and nodded quickly. I scooped him up in my arms as he giggled and I carried him downstairs. I chained him to his bed, giving him a kiss.

"Daddy will be back soon," I said.

"Bye bye, daddy!" Gee called after me.

I walked upstairs, getting into my car and driving away. The shop i wanted to go to wasn't open so I went to a little café right down the street. I stepped inside, looking over the shelves full of pastries.

"Can I help you, sir?" The worker asked.

I glanced up at her before l looked back down at the cases. What would Gee like?