Chapter 5

I sat in the office, my arms crossed in annoyance. It's only been four months into freshman year and I've already gotten into so much trouble. I've been suspended multiple times and have heard that they're already considering expelling me.

My mom walked into the office, frowning when she saw me. I merely shrugged my shoulders as she went back into the principal's office to talk to her. I smelled my hands, realizing the bad odor was still lingering. There was a bit of blood on my fingers too. My mom came out and looked furious with me.

"You shoved a dissected frog down the back of your teacher's shirt?!" She exclaimed. "Why would you do that?!"

I rolled my eyes, looking at a poster that hung up on the wall and talking about getting good grades.

"She told me I was dissecting the frog too excessively," I said.

"What do you mean by excessively?" my mom asked.

"I was cutting off its limbs," I stated.

My mom looked disgusted at the thought, pulling me by my arm and dragging me out of the school.

-+-

It was something about three or four in the morning when I woke up to screaming coming from my basement. I sat upright quickly, thinking someone had possibly broken in and was hurting Gee. How dare they lay a finger on my Gee.

"Daddy!" Gee screamed.

I hurried downstairs and into the basement, turning on the light. Gee was curled into a ball, his body shaking as he sobbed. Thankfully, nobody else was in here. I sat next to him on the bed and he immediately fell into my arms, clutching onto me as tight as he could.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I had a bad dream," Gee cried, his face buried into my shoulder.

I blinked a couple times, unsure of what to do. Normally I enjoy crying but for some reason I didn't when it was coming from Gee. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his shaking body. The touch seemed to calm him down a significant amount so I held him a little tighter.

"It's not real, Gee, okay?" I asked.

He nodded and I ran a hand through his hair.

"C-can we watch c-cartoons?" Gee asked.

I nodded, unlocking his chain and carrying him upstairs. He's been here for almost three weeks now. I can trust him more so I let him off his chain more often. Most of the time I'll let him off during the day but he has to stay by my side at all times, then I'll chain him back to his bed at night and whenever I have to leave the house. I could feel myself becoming more and more obsessed. Almost every other thought I had was pertaining to Gee. My wall of pictures had grown and I was quite pleased with myself for that. I loved to stare at them and just watch him in general.

Gee watched the screen, sniffling quietly. He was still sat in my lap and he refused to move anywhere else. Gee has also become quite dependent on me, he seems to like me more and is more comfortable around me. Yeah, he was already comfortable with me but there was always a bit of nervousness. Now I was like a friend to him, someone close who he can trust. He'll take my word for anything. He's become so good and obedient for me. He still talks basically non-stop but I've grown used to it.

I looked down, seeing Gee starting to drift off back to sleep. I sighed as I carried him back down the stairs and set him onto the bed, chaining his ankle. However, when I turned to leave he wouldn't let go of me. I saw him looking at me with scared, watery eyes.