Chapter 10

Y'all are romanticizing everything Frank does but he's literally a serial killer wtf

~~

I walked down the hallway, feeling irritated for being here. I wish I could just drop out, I'm a sophomore I'm pretty sure I learned enough to be out in the real world now.

"Dude that sounds epic!" Someone shouted.

I looked over at the group of jocks near me who were all being very loud. I scowled at them, shoving my hands into the pockets of my ripped black jeans. I walked towards the stairs, standing at the top as I saw another one of the jocks walking up.

"Oh hey man!" The guy said, walking in front of me to get to his friends.

I grunted in annoyance as he blocked my path, putting my hands on his chest as I pushed him down the flight of stairs. People gasped as I frowned.

"You freak!" Someone yelled as people surrounded to help him.

The jock ended up breaking his neck and damaging spinal cords. He's In a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Fucking asshole.

-+-

I went downstairs and found Gee curled into a ball under his blanket, hugging both Puppy and Flower to his chest. When he saw me, he completely disregarded his two stuffies and clutched onto me instead. I hugged him back, feeling his body shaking as he cried.

"Daddy, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," Gee sobbed. "I didn't mean for any of it to happen."

Oh god, what do I do? Should I just distract him?

"Hey, baby, look at this," I said.

I got up quickly, grabbing my butterfly knife and heading back to the bed. I did a little trick, flicking it around. Gee's crying quieted as he sniffled and watched the knife flip around my hand. That didn't seem to hold his attention for long because he quickly started crying again. I stuffed the knife into my pocket as he crawled over into my lap, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm sorry," he cried. "I didn't mean for it to happen, it was an accident!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, now confused as to what he was talking about.

"Baby? What was an accident?" I questioned.

"I didn't mean to, I swear," he whimpered.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, rubbing my hand on his back.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm so sorry."

I hugged him close to me, laying down on the bed as he rested his head on my chest. His crying finally began to quiet, his breaths becoming softer. Gee cried himself to sleep, sobbing until his eyes were too heavy to keep open.

My hand ran through his hair, as he slept on me. I felt the hard mattress beneath me, the cold air floating around. Gee's tears soaked my shirt as I held him tight. I couldn't stop thinking about what could've possibly happened.

It was only about an hour later when Gee woke up. He looked up at me, his lip quivering softly. I held him in my arms comfortingly, something that I certainly wasn't used to. He buried his face into the crook of my neck, sniffling quietly.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

"It was an accident, I didn't mean to," Gee whimpered.

(Flashback in Gee's POV)

"Take a left," the GPS voice said to me.

I turned left, hearing Pete and Mikey laugh at something from their spots in the back row. We were on our way to my grandparents house to visit them. My mom and dad were in the middle row of the van and my fiancé, Bert, sat in the passenger seat beside me. He held onto my hand and I smiled at him as I drove.