Chapter 2

Do you even know how fucking great it is to be able to describe color again?

~~

"Frank Iero, I have told you a million times before that you aren't allowed to watch these movies," my mother scolded when she walked into the room.

I ignored her, my eyes focused on the screen.

"You are seven years old, you can't be watching these movies," she said. "You're not allowed to watch Psycho."

I again ignored her, paying attention to the screaming woman on the screen. My mother came over and flicked off the tv, pulling me out of my daze.

"Hey!" I yelled. "You can't do that!"

"Yes I can, I am your mother," my mom stated.

"Turn it on," I said.

She crossed her arms, standing in front of the tv. I reached around her to turn it back on but she moved in front of me.

"I told you not to watch those scary movies, you're too young," She said.

"It's not like I get scared by them, I'm not some fucking wuss," I said.

My mom's eyes widened. She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards my room.

"You're grounded for a month," she said.

I glared up at her, wanting nothing more than to run away from this hell.

-+-

"Oh, it's you, the sad boy," Gee said.

"I-I'm not fucking sad," I denied. "Why the hell do you keep saying stuff like that?"

Gee sat up, hugging his stuffed animal to his chest.

"Because Miss Williams said that sad boys like me act out," Gee said. "That's why one time she let me have eggs and smash them around her office. She said it'd help get the anger and frustration out so I can make room for me to be happy."

I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him closer.

"I have another way of taking out my frustrations," I growled.

I pulled out my knife and I saw him glance at it before looking back at me.

"What made you sad?" He asked. "I used to be really sad, I would never leave anywhere but my bedroom and to see Miss Williams. She said I was getting better and now I'm less sad."

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you?" I asked.

"Well, she said I had post-traumatic stress disorder and--"

"No," I interrupted. "I meant why aren't you scared."

"Oh, that," Gee giggled. "Because Miss Williams told me that sad boys like you are just acting out because you don't know how else to act while upset and you kill people instead."

"Well, this Miss Williams clearly doesn't know what she's talking about," I said.

Gee smiled. "She's never been wrong before."

I let go of the collar of his shirt, taking a step back.

"I assume you've called police," I said.

"If I did they would be here," Gee said and I glared at him. "Everyone deserves a second chance, shouldn't be blamed right away."

"And you believe that someone like me deserves a second chance?" I asked.

Gee smiled and nodded.