Chapter 6

I don't know why but I really like it when people address me by my name in the comments or even when they just call me mom bc irl ppl call me by my legal name and I hate it but on the internet everyone calls me Cat and it's nice

~~

I was sat in my first grade class on the first day of school. Some of the kids very excited and some were crying because they wanted their parents. I, however, was bored out of my mind. The girl sitting next to me had black hair in two pigtails and she wore a plaid skirt. Let me tell you one thing, she talked a lot.

"And over the summer we also went to my grandma's and mommy came home with my baby brother and he is so little and cute but daddy said I won't be forgotten even though I'm older and my brother is cute but he cries a lot and I don't like that because he's loud and hurts my ears but sometimes he's cute when he's laughing or doing funny things and sometimes he chews on his own feet and that's really weird but my parents love it and they also love it when he makes a mess with his food like when he dumped it over his head but if I do that then it's just silly and annoying and--"

She was cut off when I took my sharpened pencil and cut her leg. The girl started screaming and crying as blood dripping from the wound. My pencil broke so the lead was still in her leg and I hoped she would get lead poisoning and die.

-+-

I had two bags full of stuff as I put them into my car and drove home. It was about three in the morning, completely dark and silent outside. It didn't take long to get home and I stepped inside the dark house quietly. I headed down to the basement, flicking on the lights. I saw Gee sleeping as I carried the bags down and sat on the bed beside him.

"Hey, sugar, wake up," I whispered, shaking him lightly.

"Daddy," Gee muttered sleepily as he rubbed his eyes. "What is it?"

"I got some stuff for you," I said.

He sat up sleepily, resting his head against my shoulder. I opened one of the bags and he sat up straight, his eyes going wide. He reached in, pulling out his clothes that I've stuffed inside.

"You got my stuff?" He asked excitedly.

I nodded and he smiled, kissing my cheek. I reach into the other bag, pulling out his bedspread and pillow. His eyes lit up and I stood up while he did too, the chains clinking softly. He set the pillow on the head of the bed, carefully making the bed. Gee looked happy as he sat on the bed, laying down on his back comfortably.

"Happy?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded.

"Good, why don't you go back to sleep," I suggested.

He got under the blankets and curled into a warm ball, a small smile on his face as he fell back asleep. I went upstairs, not feeling like going back to sleep. I sat on the couch and looked at the newspaper. There was an article about the dead body I had drowned in the lake last week but they had no clue who did it. I swear, the police around here are just so fucking stupid.

I watched tv for a bit before getting up to make breakfast for Gee and I. I cooked some scrambled eggs with toast and set them onto two plates, putting them on the little breakfast bar I had. I poured orange juice into two cups, one a regular glass cup and the other a pink sippy cup. I knew he loved drinking out of them so I let him. As soon as it was time, I was downstairs waking him up and unchaining him. He followed me up, sitting at the breakfast bar with me and eating quickly.

"You're gonna get a stomachache if you eat too fast," I warned.

Gee blushed, giggling quietly and covering his mouth.