Anniversary Omake - Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god," she whispered, sinking down to her already weak knees and face blushing bright red. She had just seen her master half naked and his other half covered with a mere towel. This definitely wasn't in the information flyer, she gritted her teeth. And again and again, realization struck her- she had seen him nearly naked.

Her eyes traveled to her quivering hands- why were they shaking? It wasn't even like she was even inside the room anymore- I'm so gonna get fired, she shook. I need to find a new job- and quick- my parents-

"Hey."

She shrieked and leapt to her feet.

It was Sasuke.

Thankfully, he was fully clothed, wearing a gray hoodie with a pair of black pants and of course, a pair of boots. His hair was still damp from his shower. Sakura swallowed, "He-hello, Uchiha."

"What were you doing inside my room?" Strange... he didn't sound too angry, just... irritated. Annoyed? "I was told to deliver your books," she said uneasily. "Oh. Well, thank you."

The two stood awkwardly for the next few minutes.

"Come inside." He had already stepped in his room. Sakura hesitated, then went in.

It was dark, no doubt. Creamy black marble coated the walls, a dark purple shag carpet sitting next to the bed positioned next to the slick walls. A dark oak table was placed inside the room as well, pushed against one corner and a plush red chair pushed against it. A golden candle adorned the bare table. As dark as it was, it was oddly... elegant.

He sat on his bed, his hands at his sides. "I wish I knew how to make conversation," he said, eyes looking down. Sakura didn't say anything, speechless that Sasuke was actually talking to her.

"I find that asking someone as low of a status as you, 'How are you doing?' completely ridiculous. I also find that not asking it is equally ridiculous. So which one is right?" Sakura shook her head, freeing herself from the spell of his seducing voice. "I..." She cleared her throat.

He stared at her, head tilted and eyes questioning. "I find," she said, steadying her voice, "neither or them ridiculous. Asking someone how they are doing isn't ridiculous at all- rather, it's a form of politeness, nothing more." Of course, she was careful that she didn't seem like she was disrespecting him in any way, not after she saw him in his previous state.

His eyes lowered. "Oh?" They stood- well, Sakura stood in silence for a few moments, studying him. "Do not look at me like that," he said, piercing the calm silence. "I don't appreciate it."

"S-sorry," she said, trying her best to look composed, but inside really- she was crumbling just at the presence of Sasuke Uchiha, the way this man radiated power in some... inhuman, yet gorgeous way. "Don't apologize. You don't even deserve to apologize."

Fear and awe was quickly replaced by stifling anger; how dare he treat her like that? "Yes, I do," said Sakura sharply. Sasuke lifted his head. "Hmm?"

"I do deserve to apologize to you. I am somebody, as low of a rank as I have. Do you know why I came here, Uchiha?" she lashed. "My family is very poor, and is of need in money. You have all that wealth, yet you treat all your servants like nothing, like we don't even deserve to be in your presence. Why do you do that, Uchiha? Why?"

"Sasuke."

"What?" Sakura had fire in her eyes, anger in her stare, and he just goes and says his name? "My name," he said slowly, and clearly, "is Sasuke. I clearly gave you permission to say it, right?" She nodded, dumbfounded. "Then say it. I don't gift this permission to just anyone at all, Sakura Haruno."

Then, instantly, it was like him saying her name turned her raging blood into trickling ice, all the remaining heat that was left in her rushed to her neck, and her ears, and her cheeks, until her entire face resembled a tomato. "Did I say something wrong? Sakura Haruno?" It wasn't fair. It was like he was almost teasing her now.

She lifted her head, and Uchi- Sasuke had a small, teasing smile curling at his lips. Somehow, she fell even harder for him, and she somehow allowed a small wriggle of hope find a crack inside the thought that he would never acknowledge her love- love?

"Nothing is wrong, Sasuke Uchiha." She tasted the name on her lips, and decided that she liked it. She liked it a lot.

He was now rummaging through the bag of books she had bought for him. "Yes, I see that you bought them well- what is this?" He held the sakura mochi that she was saving for herself in his palm. Sakura swallowed. "It's... it's a sakura mochi, sir."

"Oh, really?" He lifted it and inspected it. "I thought that your family was in desperate need, and yet... you buy this?"

She winced at his bluntness. "I never had sweets when I was a child, sir. I did have some spare change, and..." Sasuke lifted his hand. "No more. I don't need any other explanation."

He held it out for her, and Sakura walked up until he was right below her line of vision. It's strange, she thought as her fingers reached for the sweet. He talks about how I'm always below him... and yet, here I am, hovering above the Uchiha himself.

Her fingers closed around his, effectively locking them together until their palms were against each other. Sasuke looked up at her pale face, a look of question on his face. "What do you think you are doing?" he said calmly.

She didn't say anything as her eyes held with his, and she closed her fingers around the mochi to hold it out for him. "Please, you eat this," she said, face bold and stare strong. "Please forgive my boldness from earlier."

He stared back at her, then reached for it slowly as he took it off her quivering palm. "I have already. You don't need to ask."

Deciding that the matter was already discussed, she backed out of the door. Before she closed it, though, she could've sworn that he said, "I guess this conversation wasn't too bad after all."

-

-

-

Thanks for reading! And yes, this story was first written on 8/11/2016, so hurrah for that 😊. Thanks to those ten followers that are keeping up with the story's slow pace, again I'm sorry that I can't upload any faster- but I promise that there will be at least one chapter every week! Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter!

~Storywriter <3