Chapter 33

If Sakura thought that the last ball was magnificent, it was nothing compared to now.

This time, the ball would be huge- Sasuke even invited the villagers, who surprisingly came despite how afraid they were of the place beforehand. I wonder what made them change their minds, Sakura had thought.

It would be held in the biggest room there was- the master ballroom. The room that the last ball had been held was just one of the smaller rooms, Sakura had learned, that was used to be a conference room up till then. Well. At least she learned something.

Sasuke wasn't there, as usual, but the mood was cheery and bright. A couple of villagers came and offered to help out, though Sakura couldn't imagine why. They all hated him before, why in the name of Uchiha would they start to enjoy his company?

But the actual ballroom, now, was ginormous. It was at least three times the conference room and twice tall; Sakura couldn't fathom how anyone could ever reach that high, high ceiling.

But besides the point, she worked her butt off. It was a year since she came to this place, which also meant that it was about the point where the money that Sasuke sent would be at its limit.

She had written a letter the hour previous, right before they started to prepare for the ball.

Hey, Mom.

How are you doing? I'm sorry that I didn't send you a letter the past six months. Something came up that was really important to me, and it was my priority up till now. I'm really sorry.

How's Dad? Is he fine? I remember that I left with him really sick, so I hope that he got better. I think that the money I sent you- or rather, Uchiha sent you- is just about gone now. I'm sending more money with this, so try to write back so I know that it went to you. If it didn't, I'll ask for another paycheck or something- I know that Lady Tsunade would understand.

I'm doing great here. Work pays really well, and the chores aren't as bad as it seems. I know that I've been out of touch for quite a while, so I'll let you in on some things.

Sasuke- the master here, he's the one who sent you the money before- apparently had a fiance. She was a complete witch though, treated me like an animal and everyone else like they were dogs at her feet. About three... four months ago, she disappeared without a trace. Hopefully, she's gone for good.

I made really great friends here. Ino and Rin, my roommates, are medically trained and encouraged me to go the same path. I might. It's not like I can work as a servant forever.

My other friends, Hinata and Tenten, have been really kind from the start. Hinata's got these really pretty eyes, too- you should meet her sometime. Correction- you should meet them all sometime.

There's someone named Naruto too, he's a bit funny. He likes to tease Sasuke a lot, though he is just a servant, and he wants to become the Hokage someday (the head servant).

All in all, it's been a really great time here, and I think that I've found a great place to stay. Sorry Mom, but I don't think I'll be seeing you anytime soon. I really love it here.

Oh! I almost forgot. We are holding a ball tomorrow, well- we're holding a ball the day after I write this letter, though I'm not sure when it would arrive.

I hope you and Dad are doing well. Love, Sakura xxx

"SAKURA! GET YOUR ASS MOVING!" Tsunade practically had steam coming out of her ears as she bellowed out orders. "KIBA, PUT THE DAMN DOG DOWN AND MOVE THE TABLES! SAI, YOU BETTER START DOING SOMETHING OR I'LL DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOU! NARUTO, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?"