Anniversary Omake - Chapter 9

Hello, readers! In honor of the three-month anniversary of The Flower and the Avenger, I planned a little surprise in this hehe ^-~ Hope it's good enough for you guys! Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment!

-Storywriter-

-

-

-

When Sasuke had woken up, he was in an unusually good mood.

Yesterday, he had been able to get a lot of things done- he had trained, gotten a few hours of sleep, gone on a walk, and of course gotten to boss Naruto around. The loser wouldn't call Sasuke Duckbutt Hair and get away unscathed.

He hummed- he hummed?- as he took off his shirt and pants and stepped in the shower.

Several thoughts bunched up in his head, but one thought in particular- Sakura.

The new girl wasn't anything like he had thought she would be. Maybe he had expected a clumsy servantess, or an uncooperative worker, but both were definitely not what Sakura Haruno had been.

He could still remember the Hokage meeting him in the library, discussing the likes of a new girl that showed potential. Up to the first time he had met her, he didn't believe Lady Tsunade and her talk about how resourceful Sakura was.

But when she stumbled into him half a year ago, she reminded him of a flower- pretty, delicate, hair just like the softest sakura blossom petals and eyes the colors of a spring green shoot.

What am I thinking. He never called a woman pretty. He never thought a woman was pretty. After all, they were the ones gushing over him- they would call him handsome, cool, even to the point of hot- but he never called any one of them pretty. Not once.

Of course, Sakura wasn't different... right? She was just a servant girl, a newbie who constantly got herself in trouble no matter what job she was on... so why would Uchiha try to see her as much as possible? It was normal for a master to have a favorite, right?

But that wouldn't explain the constant roar of his heartbeat in his ears when she talked to him... he was being paranoid. No way would he fall for a girl, much less one so under his rank. Besides, even if it was true that he did like her, there would be no way she would accept him due to his secret...

Naruto flashed through his mind. He let out a half-bitter laugh, water dripping from his hair to the ground as he grabbed a towel to dry his long-ish hair. "They're a perfect pair," he muttered to himself as he grabbed another towel to cover his bottom parts.

Sasuke stepped outside thinking about the chores that Naruto was forced to do today while smiling, until he heard the door open.

Sakura was gaping at him, eyes wide and shocked to the core.

Damn it.

-

-

-

Sakura was expecting a cool headed Sasuke, writing a letter to an accomplice or maybe looking at an old family photo, reminiscing about the old days of his past, or maybe even not being there at all. From what Sakura knew, he liked to take long walks a lot.

What she hadn't been expecting was Sasuke staring back at her with wide eyes, shirtless and torso covered with nothing but a white, fluffy towel.

The two stared at each other in shock, both trying to process what each had seen, before Sakura dropped the books and slammed the door shut behind her.

How could she describe this? Somehow, her 'little' crush against Sasuke grew to be so much more- he looked more than handsome with his hair slightly damp, his lips parted in surprise, and his beautiful eyes wide with surprise- he looked hot.