Chapter 33

((please help my story grow by voting and commenting, it literally makes my day. warning super long chapter ahead (over 2k words)))

Phil's POV

It was Friday, and for some reason, unbeknownst to me, Tyler and I had the day off. Somewhere near the middle of the afternoon, I happily called Dan, who immediately came over.

We'd spent the entire day lying in my bed, watching movies on Netflix and eating Dan's homemade popcorn. Dan's arm was over my shoulder, and I was leaning into him and tracing patterns on his chest. Neither of us were really paying attention to the movie.

However, our blissful silence was interrupted by what seemed to be an important phone call. Dan moved out of my grip to grab his phone and rolled his eyes when he read the caller ID.

"Daniel Howell," he barked into the phone as a greeting.

There was a reply from the other end, which only seemed to irritate Dan further.

"For fuck's sake, can you not do anything by yourself?" He asked harshly, and I immediately felt sorry for whoever he was talking to.

Then he sighed, and rolled his eyes, "I will meet you there, meanwhile, do not tell anyone else about this."

He let out another long breath before resting his head on my shoulder and closing his eyes in what was clear exhaustion.

"Trouble?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't snap at me.

"Yes. Someone is trying to raise a lawsuit against our entire firm," he said, opening his eyes. "Nothing I have not dealt with before, but it is irritating."

"Oh," I said, running my hands through his fringe in what a hoped was a slightly comforting manner. "I wanted you to stay for dinner."

"I am afraid that will not be possible. I will have to leave in exactly an hour," he told me, lifting his head off my shoulder and glancing at the watch on his wrist.

"Aw, but Tyler is making home-made pizza," I said, trying to persuade him to stay.

"A tempting offer," he said shaking his head.

I frowned, removing my hand from his hair and laying it on the duvet. I watched myself run my fingers over the little white bumps in the cover.

"I am sorry," he said, placing his hand over mine and holding my fist in his massive one. "You know I would stay if I could," he frowned, leaning into me.

"I know. It doesn't matter. I know this is important," I mumbled, desperately trying to convince myself.

He leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Thank you."

I turned my head and caught his lips with my own. "It's ok," I mumbled against his mouth.

And that was precisely the moment Tyler walked into the flat. "I'm  home, bitch," he practically shouted. "You will never guess who's ass I saw today!"

Dan pulled me into his chest as I giggled at Tyler's words. "In my room," I yelled back.

After a moment, Tyler walked in, taking a second glance at Dan before smiling. "Hiya," he said, dragging out the word in an overexcited tone. "Aw, you two look so cute," he finally said, gesturing to the way we were curled up in my bed. "Anyway, I had something really important to say?"

"You saw someone's ass," Dan said with a small smile.

"Oh yeah! Basically, I was shopping, as you know, and I saw this hella cute denim jacket. Like it's kinda pale but I think if I wear it with a black top it will look really nice. But then I can't wear black jeans as well, and I obviously can't wear blue jeans."