Chapter 28

((please help my story grow by voting and commenting))

Phil's POV

The receptionist gave me directions to the conference room in which Dan was having his meeting. I did feel slightly guilty for interrupting, but apparently, he didn't even need to be there.

As I stepped into the lift, my hands started shaking and suddenly I was questioning why I was even there. But the lift stopped and the doors opened before I had a chance to talk myself out of it. Immediately I was met with Dan.

Considering I hadn't seen him in two weeks, my mind started jumping all over the place. Was his hair shorter? He had bags under his eyes and looked like he hadn't slept well for a while. His eyes looked a bit duller. Why did he look so--

"Hi," he greeted simply, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Hi," I answered, chewing the inside of my mouth.

"Did the suit not fit?"

"No, it did."

He sighed. "Then why are you here, Phil?"

I laughed nervously. "Well, now that I'm standing in front of you, it seems kind of stupid."

He sighed again. "Follow me."

We walked down three different corridors which was interesting for me because the only floor I'd been on in this building was the one which had Dan's office. The corridors were full of people with briefcases and what looked like important documents, rushing to get somewhere. Everyone who passed stopped to take a second look at their boss who was leading some guy in a colourful hoodie and skinny jeans down the halls.

I kept my head down until we finally arrived in a small room. The room had a sofa, a lamp, a plant and nothing else.

He switched on the light, then locked the door and went to sit down

Then he opened his arms, welcoming me into his embrace. I complied, sitting down as close to him as I could, and nuzzling into his neck. He placed a kiss on the top of my head, which made me question just how tired he was.

"Tell me, Phil," he said softly. I looked up to see his eyes were closed and there was a small smile on his face.

"It's just," I started, guiltily biting my lip. "We haven't talked for two weeks. And then you sent me a suit and a wedding invitation?"

"You said you wanted to meet my friends and family," he stated simply. "Going to the wedding will enable you to do that."

"Yes, but I also said I wanted you to stop seeing Camilla and take me on dates where we don't just eat and actually be in a relationship with me and stuff," I told him trailing off. "And why the sudden change of heart?"

He turned so that I could see his face. "It was not sudden. From the second your annoying ass stalked out of my apartment, I missed you."

"I'm not annoying," I mumbled.