Chapter 19 - U

**a/n, ok, i know this is a lot to ask but 100 comments? it's fine if we don't get it, just wanted to see if we could. ily xx oh and this chapter is dedicated to QuelquesEtoiles **

Phil's POV

Tyler and I ended up leaving work at around 6:30, due to accidentally deleting the document with the article that we were writing, twice.

Finally, after many hours of work, we were allowed to go home. I was so tired, I promised Tyler that as soon as I got home, I would get into bed.

Unfortunately, that did not happen. On the tube on the way home, I received an unexpected text message.

[DAN] James is coming to pick you up. Bring everything you need for tomorrow morning so we do not have to stop at your apartment before work.

I frowned and showed the text to Tyler, who only scoffed.

"He wants to fuck," Tyler said as if I should have known that this would happen.

"Hey! I've stayed at his place before, and it was completely innocent," I argued.

Tyler shrugged, "yeah, whatever. Are you actually going to go, though? I swear you're never at home anymore. I miss you. It's lonely."

"Aw, Tyler, I promise I'll stay home tomorrow."

"Yeah, we'll see."

"How about this weekend we go see that new movie that you've been wanting to watch for ages? And a nice dinner as well?"

"Only if you pay," Tyler smiled cheekily.

"Ok, fine," I sighed, trying to mentally calculate if I had enough spare money, before giving up.

"Reply to him then."

"Oh, right," I said, returning my attention to my phone screen.

[PHIL] It's really off-putting when you demand things instead of asking.

His reply was almost immediate.

[DAN] Are you purposely trying to piss me off?

[PHIL] No, just saying. I'll come tonight if you ask me nicely.

I was much more confident with Dan over text.

[DAN] Do not push me.

[PHIL] It's not like I'm asking for the moon, just say please.

[DAN] Fuck you xxx

Dan was even more confusing over text. Did the kisses at the end mean he wasn't actually mad at me? Again I showed Tyler the text, but before I could get a second opinion, Dan was calling.

"Oh no, no, no," I muttered. If he really was pissed, this phone call would be terrible.

"Answer," Tyler advised. "He knows your phone is on you because you were just texting him. You wouldn't want him to think you're ignoring him."

I sighed, before heeding the advice.

"Hello?" I said shakily.

"Phil," Dan said simply. I couldn't tell his mood from his tone of voice.

"Dan," I replied lamely.

"Phil, I would be honoured to have you stay over at mine today. Will you be able to make it?"

I was pleasantly surprised. What was happening to the world? Was I dreaming?

"Well, I'll have to check my calendar, I might be--"