Chapter 18 - F

Phil's POV

I woke up alone. The sheets were strewn over my body, and I was lying diagonally across the bed. I hope I hadn't annoyed Dan too much last night.

The door to the bathroom was wide open, and the windows and mirrors were covered in steam, informing me that Dan had showered recently. I stretched before getting up and following his lead.

His bathroom was fancier than I could have ever imagined it to be.

Everything was electronic

Everything was electronic. I couldn't find a light switch, but there was a small remote attached to the wall. I didn't know which button to press, so I pressed a few different ones, and ended up turning on a mirror cleaner (which wiped the remaining steam off the mirror), turning on a fan, and opening the window just a fraction.

I gave up and jumped into the shower, which had a touch screen to control the water temperature, speed, direction and a lot of other things that were far too complicated for me.

When I got out, Dan was sitting on the bed, talking on the phone.

"We had a deal," he said firmly.

I wanted to say something, do anything to alert Dan that I was in the room, but my body wouldn't move, so I just stood there and watched him.

"I am not asking very much," he paused. "Yes, I know, I know," he said exasperatedly. "If only you had been less convincing... Alright, what about if I get you the new Marc Jacobs bag you wanted that comes out next season? And of course, I will uphold my end of the deal, as well... Yes, I will start-"

Naturally, nothing ever goes right for me, and so I sneezed, just as I was about to hear more about the deal that Dan was talking about.

He whipped around, his face in what seemed like an expression of panic.

"How long have you been there?" He questioned immediately, subtly ending the call.

I frowned, thinking of an appropriate answer.

"Answer me," Dan demanded, angrily now.

"I-I literally just got out of the shower," I answered hesitantly, scared by how angry he had gotten. Clearly what he was talking about was very private.

"Never eavesdrop on me again. For fuck's sake, do you not have any respect for anyone else's privacy?" He yelled.

My chin trembled, but I refused to cry in front of him again.

"Do that again, and we are fucking over. Do you understand?"

We'd have to be together in the first place to be fucking over, I thought bitterly. But I nodded feebly, staring at the floor.

"I said do you understand? Fucking answer me," he shouted.

I nodded more visibly and mumbled an incoherent confirmation. Dan rolled his eyes, before stomping out of the room, presumably to allow me to change.