Chapter 26 - V

((please help my story grow by voting and commenting))

Phil's POV

It was only Tuesday, but already so much had happened this week. On Monday, Tyler and I moved to our new office and met our new assistant. Her name was Mia, she was around 21 years old and she was honestly so helpful. The office looked great and had a nice view of the local park. We'd also ordered new furniture which had arrived on Tuesday, and spent the whole day organising our office. Mia had filed all our documents and everything felt so ordered and clean, which put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

James showed up at my flat at 7 o'clock on the dot.

As I sat in the passengers seat, my stomach was turning with nerves. Every minute that passed meant that I was closer to seeing Dan. I didn't understand why I was so nervous. I had been to his flat so many times before. But my stomach didn't listen to me, and in my head, I debated how much I'd have to pay if I was sick in this obviously expensive car.

Luckily the journey passed and I made it without throwing up.

I got out of the car to see Dan leaning against the wall near the lift. He was wearing black jeans that hugged his legs perfectly and a grey hoodie. This was the most casual outfit I had ever seen him in, and I had to admit that it did much more to flatter him than the suits he usually wore.

As soon as we made eye contact, he flashed me a bright smile and a feeling of relief flowed over me.

"Hey, babe," he smirked.

"Hi," I answered shyly, staring at my worn down trainers.

"You look different today," he said as he intertwined our fingers and led us into the waiting elevator.

I blushed at the fact that he'd noticed. "I got my hair trimmed over the weekend."

"You look beautiful," he commented.

"There's like no difference," I said, smiling cheekily.

"Yeah, you have always looked beautiful."

"Please stop," I said, covering my face with the hand that wasn't in his.

"Whatever you want, babe."

"And stop calling me babe," I mumbled.

"Do you not like it?" He asked confused.

"I like it too much," I admitted, eyes focusing anywhere but his face. "It made me forget that I'm supposed to be mad at you."

"Sorry, babe," he said chuckling as he led us out of the elevator and into the dining room, taking my coat from me on the way.

The scent wafting the room was heavenly. I immediately sat down opposite Dan and started scarfing down the perfectly chewy steak and creamy mashed potato.

There wasn't much chance for conversation as I shoved the food into my mouth and Dan looked on with an amused expression, while he took microscopic delicate bites from his own food.

When I was finished, and I set down the knife and fork feeling very satisfied. Dan seemed to finish at the exact same time that I did, and he quickly got up and led us into his bedroom.

As he lay down on the bed, I stood next to it and cringed as memories from the last time we were in his room flooded over me.

"Come," he said, opening his arms and beckoning me.

I shook away the memories and complied.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to his chest. I nuzzled into his neck and embraced the heat that he was emitting.