Chapter 30 - V

^^ dan staring at phil's lips

((please help my story grow by voting and commenting))

Phil's POV

Dan and I did ended up getting drunk.

Which probably wasn't a very good idea. When he went up to give his best man speech, he stumbled on the stage, and only got halfway through before walking away. We laughed way too loud at all the other speeches and everyone kept throwing us doubtful glances.

When Troye got on stage, we stood right at the front of the dance floor and cheered much more than would be expected. Tyler was cheering right along with us, even though he hadn't drank nearly as much as us.

In the middle of Troye's songs, Dan turned to me and said, "what if we run away?"

I giggled, before realising he was serious and grasping his hand as tight as I could, as he pushed through the crowd on the dance floor.

He tried to call James but considering it was almost midnight, he didn't answer, so we ended up taking the bus. When I first suggested it, Dan looked like he'd rather die. But eventually, I convinced him to do it.

He spent half of the journey rambling about how the public bus was so cheap and how he would never take it again. The other half of the journey was spent begging me to move in with him.

"Dan, you have absolutely no idea what you're saying," I told him giggling.

"Yes, I do," he argued defiantly. "I want to wake up to your face."

"You're drunk," I laughed. "Your face is nice too." 

He hummed contently as the bus stopped at a red light. "When do we get off? It smells a bit like Chinese takeout in here."

"I don't know. Soon, I think. You should know."

He turned to the teenage girl sitting in the seat in front of us and said, "tell Phil to move in with me."

The girl kept looking between us with wide eyes, before finally saying. "Phil, you should definitely move in with him."

We spent the next two stops arguing with the girl - who probably thought we were lunatics - before we had to get off the bus.

"Cheers," I thanked the driver, as we stepped down onto Dan's street. 

"Cheers," Dan echoed after the bus had left. "Phil, I'm cold."

"Me too," I murmured, pulling him closer to me, and lazily slinging an arm around his waist.

He put his own arm over my shoulder, and together we stumbled down the street. "You are supposed to offer me your jacket."

"But then I'll freeze," I said, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Miss Margaret said love is about sacrifices." He stuck out his bottom lip. "Do you not love me?"

I laughed and poked his lip. "Depends on if you love me."

After a minute or two of thinking, he sighed and said, "fine, keep the jacket."

***

When we finally made it to Dan's bedroom, the exhaustion was starting to creep in. We sluggishly got in bed and Dan turned on the TV. "What movie?"

"Shrek," I said as soon as I saw it listed. "Have you seen 'Shrek is Love, Shrek is life'?" I asked as the Dreamworks logo played.

"What is that?" he mumbled as he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his chest.