Chapter-37 The One With The Cocktail Party

Mulai dari awal

Mr. Bhalla and his son Karthik greeted me and took me to meet some of his co-workers. I left Abeer with Mrs. Bhalla and her daughter-in-law.

Seems like they have become good friends now.

--------------------------------------------
While I was chit chatting and enjoying having a good time with Karthik and his friends, my eyes went towards Abeer who was busy laughing whole heartedly with a guy, standing at a corner of the table.

Who is Abeer laughing with? Who is that guy?!

"Hey Haroon, have a drink?"- Usman asked as he offered me alcohol.
"No man, I don't drink."- I smiled and refused and he nodded.

I again looked towards Abeer and this time I saw her giving a high-five to the guy.

My blood boiled looking at the guy.

"Excuse me guys."- I excused myself from the boys group and went towards Abeer and the guy with whom she was busy laughing.

"I wish I had met you before."- The boy said dramatically as he kept his hand over his heart and I stared at him raising my eyebrows.
"Hahaha awww I wish, I had met you before too."- This time Abeer said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

The guy felt my presence behind Abeer and asked Abeer through his eyes about me.
"What?"- Abeer asked him and then turned around following his eye directions.

Her eyes met mine and I smiled in a thin line at her.
"What's going on here?"- I asked as I joined their conversation.

"Nice to meet you too Mr."- The guy sarcastically said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Never mind Sameer, he is my so called husband."- Abeer said to him, pointing her both fingers in an inverted commas.

"Thanks for the sweet introduction wifey."- I sarcastically said to Abeer and she rolled her eyes.

"Hahaha, you both are really cute."- The guy said, whose name I percieve is Sameer.

"By the way, my name is Sameer Bhalla. I am the youngest son of this family and the most eligible bachelor in town. Nice to meet you."- Sameer said showing his bright thrity-two teeth, as he brought his hand forward for a hand shake.

I mentally rolled my eyes at his "Apne mu miyan mithoo wali tareef."

"Haroon."- I simply introduced myself and did not shake hands with him.

"Ohkayy.."- Sameer backed off his hand embarassingly.

I felt Abeer's eyes on me and I am sure she must be throwing daggers at me.

"Let's go from here."- I held Abeer's hand and took her away from Sameer.

"That was really rude Mr. Haroon!"- Abeer said to me as she glared at me, but I kept walking towards the table where everybody was sitting.

"I know."- I simply answered.

We both stood in front of the stage where some performances was going to be held and I was told by Karthik that some competitions are arranged for fun.