Chapter 71

Matt's POV

"Lucy." I muttered, looking at her. "Drop it."

She sat there with a wad of packing tape in her mouth grinning at me, daring me to chase her.

"Fine have it." I mumbled, pretending to ignore her.

It worked, she dropped it when she realised I wasn't going to participate in a game of chase the pup.

"Thank you." I said grinning at her, grabbing the wad of tape and giving her a pat.

She licked me and ran straight out the back yard. I was glad to see she liked her new home as much as I did.

Finally Chloe and I had moved in yesterday. It took a few weeks for all the decorating to get done and for all the new furniture to arrive, but finally yesterday, we'd done it.

I'd like to say our first night in our house together had been romantic, but honestly, it hadn't. We'd both collapsed into bed, completely exhausted. I didn't even get to wake up next to her, she'd had to go to work and she was long gone by the time I woke up. I was so exhausted I hadn't even heard her leave.

I was still attempting to unpack some boxes, all of the kids were spending the weekend here and I kind of wanted to get the house a little bit organised before they arrived.

Too late, I thought as I heard the doorbell go.

"Who's that?" I said to Lucy as she tore back inside, heading for the door, ass wiggling.

I followed her, opening the door to reveal Drew and Harper standing there.

"Hi." Harper cried holding out her arm's and I leant down, hugging her.

"Hi." I said.

"Can I see my room?" She asked excitedly.

"Of course." And I watched as she ran off excitedly, disappearing up the hall.

"Well this is something else." Drew said, peering over my shoulder, trying to get a look.

"Oh yeah." I said smiling.

I'd invite him in, but I didn't like him, so fuck him.

"Anyway." He said, obviously sensing my dislike. "Where's Chloe?"

Oh I bet he wanted to see her, the ass.

"At work." I told him. "She'll be home soon."

"Okay." He said nodding, frowning at the cry's of delight Harper was making in her room. "I guess she likes her room."

"I'd say so." I said and I was sure she would, Chloe had spent hours picking the furniture for her room, it couldn't get any girlier if she tried.

"Yeah well." Drew finally muttered. "I'll pick her up Sunday night."

"Okay, see ya." I said quickly, closing the door. The less I saw of that ass the better.

I turned, walking up the hall to Harper's room. She was sitting on her bed, looking around wide eyed. I was disappointed that Chloe wasn't here to see her reaction, she really had put a lot of thought into Harper's room.

"Do you like it?" I asked her, smiling.

"I love it." She whispered, smiling, still looking around.

Lucy had already made herself at home on Harper's bed and I knew tonight she'd be a mess, trying to decide if she was going to sleep with Harper, Jaxson or Ryder. Chloe and I would be wiped like a dirty dish rag with the kids around.