Chapter 28

Matt's POV

"Matt." Chloe called from the bathroom. "You forgot this."

I walked out of my room and she was standing in the doorway with a comb in her hand.

"I hardly need it now." I said, grabbing it off of her, glad that I'd cut my hair, glad that Chloe had done it for me.

"True." She said smiling. "Who's gonna do your hair now?" She added.

"No idea." I muttered and I didn't.

I was glad I'd gotten Chloe to redo my hair last night because I knew once I got home Lucy wouldn't do it, she wasn't a fan of the shaved head. I guessed maybe my Mom would do it for me.

I groaned in my head. Today was the day, we were leaving. I'd done it, I made the twelve weeks and now I was heading home again, only I wasn't sure how I would go at home. I was a little scared and apprehensive to say the least.

"I better finish packing." Chloe said, hobbling past me.

She'd finally ditched the crutches yesterday. She'd had another check up and the Doctor said as long as she wore the brace for a few weeks she'd be okay, although I had a feeling once we left here she'd ditch the brace as well.

"How are you getting home?" I asked her, following her into her room. "You're more than welcome to come with us, I'm sure Jaxson would be thrilled."

Chloe laughed, going to her bag and throwing a few things in. "I have my car, so after we get debriefed I'll drive myself."

I nodded, watching her. I think I was disappointed, no, I know I was disappointed, I kind of didn't want to leave Chloe.

Chloe lived in Newport, which really wasn't that far from me, the only problem was I still hadn't worked up the courage to ask her for her number. I wanted to keep in touch with her, I wanted to be able to call her if I had a problem, if she had a problem and maybe we could even go to some AA meetings together.

I sighed, I just wanted to hang out with Chloe to be honest, we got on well and I really enjoyed her company, a lot.

"You get debriefed?" I asked her, leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah." She said. "Just sit in the room, talk about stuff that happened, make sure everyone's okay with it all."

I nodded. They would probably talk about how I tried to choke the hell out of her, and I cringed, just thinking about that, thinking about how bad those first few weeks had been. I didn't want to go back there, ever.

"So." I said quickly. "Give me your number while we have a second, I meant what I said, I'm organising a show and I want you there."

"We're really not supposed to Matt." She said softly. "But okay." And I watched as she pulled out her phone.

I let out a breath. Thank god. I wasn't sure what I would have done if she'd told me no, fuck off.

I pulled out mine, adding her number and then she added my number into her phone. 

"I'll call you." I told her. "We can do something."

She smiled, nodding and I headed back into my room to finish packing.

Home. Damn, I really wasn't sure what was going to happen when I got there. It seemed like it was so long ago I left, and tonight I'd be alone, spending the night, in my house, by myself. It all seemed a little daunting.

I finished the packing and zipped up my suitcases, looking around what had been my bedroom for the past twelve weeks. God, I was going to miss this place and as I walked out of the room I realised I was scared, really scared.