Chapter 66

Matt's POV

I pulled up out the front of Mom and Dad's house and sat there for a minute reminding myself that it was only for a couple of hours. A few hours would be okay and I could do it.

I looked around, Lucy's car was here so I knew her and the boy's had arrived. Her and Mom tried to concoct some plan where Lucy and I arrived together but I wasn't having any of it, as soon as this lunch was over I was going to see Chloe and that was all I wanted to do, spend the day with her and Harper.

Chloe. She was busy having lunch with Drew right now and that pissed me off. He was trying his damn hardest to get back in her life and I was kind of pissed at her for letting him. She'd invited him to have lunch with them herself.

I shook my head, getting out of the car. I just wanted today to be over already.

I walked up to the door and Mom was there, waiting, smiling.

"Nice of you to join us." She muttered under her breath as I walked inside.

"Matt." Amy screamed, hugging me tightly. "God it's good to see you."

"You too." I said kissing my baby sister on the cheek.

"I can't believe you had band stuff to do on Thanksgiving." She went on. "Of all day's."

I nodded. So I guess that was the story Mom and Lucy had fed her about why we were arriving apart.

"Yeah you know." I mumbled. "It never stops."

"Come here sweety." Lucy called, smiling at me and patting the seat next to her.

I rolled my eye's. Sweety? Was she fucking joking?

"I'll just get a drink first." I muttered, heading into the kitchen.

I walked in and stopped. Ryder and Jaxson were sitting at the bench, shovelling ice cream into their faces.

"It's a bit early for ice cream isn't it?" I asked them, grabbing some juice out of the fridge.

They both nodded and smiled. "Yep."

"Well why are you eating it?" I asked, looking at them.

"Nan said." Jaxson told me, between spoonful's. "If we promised not to talk about Chloe we could have all the ice cream we wanted."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I muttered to myself.

What the fuck was the big deal about Amy finding out about Chloe? I was pretty sure she'd understand, but no, we had to come here and play charade's for the day instead of telling her the truth.

Lunch wasn't so bad, I mean the food was good, but Lucy ruined it, she kept trying to touch me, hold my hand, rub my leg all the way through it and no matter how many times I pushed her away she just kept on trying.

"So Matt." Amy said, once lunch was over and we were waiting for dessert.

"What?" I said glancing around at everyone.

The kid's were laying with their heads on the table, the idea of dessert not very appealing to them. They were probably full from their unlimited ice cream anyway.

"What have you been doing?" She asked me. "God, you look so good, so healthy, I love it."

I smiled. "Yeah I feel pretty good." And I did, I felt like a new man.

"I'm really proud of you." Amy said, smiling at me.

"We all are." Mom added, smiling at me as well.