Chapter 27

Chloe's POV

"Where are you going misery gut's?" I asked Matt as he walked out of his room, towards the door.

He looked at me, and god, he looked fucking lost, just miserable. I knew he was missing his family, but this was the last week, I just wished he'd be a little cheerier. I liked Matt and honestly I was going to miss having him around. We'd spent hours talking, he was always good company and we'd never gotten bored with each other. He was just genuinely a nice person, and yeah, I was going to miss his face a lot.

"I'm hungry." He told me. "Want anything?"

I shook my head. "Not really."

"Coffee?" He asked.

I smiled, what a dumb question. "Of course I want coffee."

"Me too." He said softly, half smiling back.

One thing I had managed to do in the twelve weeks here was turn Matt into a coffee addict like myself. I was a little proud of that fact.

"Matt." I said sitting up. "This weekend, this weekend you'll be back with your family, so please, smile for me."

He frowned instead, squinting a little. "Yeah I know that Chloe." He muttered. "See you later." And he opened the door, walking out and shutting it quietly behind him.

He was probably worried about how he was going to do in the outside world, but I knew he'd be okay, if he attended regular AA meetings and stayed strong Matt wasn't going to have a problem at all. In a few months his life would be back on track. I had faith everything was going to work out fine for him.

I sat up, groaning. Next week I'd be home and I'd be rid of these fucking crutches. It had been a pain in the ass, hobbling up and down the damn steps and I couldn't wait until I was walking normally again.

I stood up and hobbled to the bathroom. Okay, so when I was in our room I cheated a little and didn't use the crutches, but I had on a knee brace, so hobbling to the bathroom hardly counted.

I finished up, then hobbled back out, grabbing my crutches. I might as well go downstairs, see what Matt was doing, see if a few of the other's were hanging around. After all, it was the last week, everyone was a little more social, a little happier, the end was in sight. Well except Matt, he was miserable, but I was trying my best to cheer him up.

I grabbed my crutches and hobbled to the door, groaning when I saw the steps. Nearly six weeks on the stupid things and I still hadn't really mastered the art of stairs.

I hobbled down, surprised that nobody else was about and as I got to the bottom I headed towards the dining room. That's where Matt would be.

"Say it again." Someone snapped and I frowned, it sounded like Matt.

Someone laughed. "Fine, I said I'd fuck her hard and long." I rolled my eye's, it was that dumb ass Jerry.

"You're a pig." Matt snapped.

"Please." Jerry sneered. "You'd fuck her, don't tell me you wouldn't."

"Just shut your mouth." Matt snapped.

I rolled my eye's, hobbling to the door. I was sick of Jerry's shit, he was a pig, the way he spoke and looked at me and the way he always aggravated Matt, it was just uncalled for. I couldn't wait for the end of this week, then I'd never have to see his rat face again.

"You already have haven't you?" Jerry said as I walked in the door.

They were both standing there, at the bench. Matt was facing the food, Jerry was facing Matt.

"What?" Matt asked, slamming a cup down and looking at Jerry.

"Fucked her." Jerry chuckled. "You two spend so much time up in that room, don't tell me you didn't fuck her."

"Look." Matt snapped. "Just fuck off and leave me alone."

Jerry smiled, groaning softly. "I bet she's good right? Did you grab hold of that tight ass while you fucked her?"

I raised my eyebrow's, not sure what to do. Jerry was unbelievable and honestly I was more than a little shocked.

"You did, didn't you." Jerry went on. "And what about that tattoo, what is it? I'd love to know what it is, always peeking out the top of her little shorts."

Suddenly Matt swung around, grabbing Jerry by the front of his shirt and pulling his face towards his.

"You are really disrespectful." Matt snapped. "And I don't like the way you talk about Chloe, fuck I don't even like the way you talk to her."

"Let me go you piece of shit." Jerry snapped back, grabbing Matt's hand. "You're just pissy because she won't fuck you, but I bet you've tried."

I started hobbling over. "Hey." I called out and Matt turned to look at me, as he did Jerry took the opportunity to raise his fist and punch Matt.

How fucking dare he? I thought to myself, getting closer and I watched as Matt just lost it, slamming his fist into Jerry's face.

That was it, now they were both at it, arm's and fist's swinging everywhere.

"Fuck you." I yelled, picking up my crutch and slamming it onto Jerry's shoulder's. "Leave him alone."

He wasn't touching Matt while I was around. I'd beat him to death with my crutch if I had too.

"Ouch you bitch." Jerry cried.

"Let him go." I cried, still hitting him, getting a few on his head for good measure.

"Fine." He cried, shoving Matt away. "Fuck."

"Now fuck off." Matt snapped, glaring at him.

"You're dirty fighter's." Jerry sneered. "Getting your little girlfriend to fight for you."

"Fucking leave." Matt yelled at him, his face going red.

I watched as Jerry turned and scooted out of the dining room, Matt's face probably terrifying him.

"He's such an ass." I said softly, straightening myself out.

"I can't believe him." Matt muttered looking at me. "I can't wait to get the fuck out of this place."

"Me too." I mumbled, turning and making a coffee.

I couldn't wait to get home, sleep in my own bed, sit on my own couch, make my own food, god, I was looking forward to it.

"This weekend can't come fucking quick enough." Matt snapped, shoving me out of the way and storming out of the dining room.

I watched him leave, frowning. "Yeah thanks." I whispered.

Wasn't that nice. You build a relationship with someone, a rapport, you offer them unlimited support, you be there for them at one of the worst times of their lives, the most vulnerable time and then they can't wait to get away from you.

It hurt and it hurt worse because it was Matt. I thought we might stay in touch once we left here, but I guessed not.