Chapter 63

Chloe's POV

"Are we ready?" Matt asked, grabbing his key's and pulling a face at Harper.

"Yes." She giggled, her face lighting up.

I smiled at her. She was standing there, holding Lucy's leash and I still couldn't believe she was actually here.

"Well." He said opening the door. "Let's go."

I smiled, locking up, watching Lucy and Harper run after him, laughing, down to the car.

By the time I reached them Lucy was already sitting in the car like she owned it and Matt was helping Harper into her seat.

"So." Matt said when he got in his seat. "Where to first?"

"Food." Harper cried. "I'm starving." And she started giggling.

"Me too." Matt said turning and pulling a face at her.

God this was so perfect and I listened to her and Matt chatter as we drove. I just wanted to look at her, my beautiful daughter, drink her face in, watch her. She was so beautiful and I wanted to hold her, cover her face with kisses, just spend time with her, but I also didn't want to scare her off and I wanted today to last forever.

"Well." Matt said as we arrived at a park near the beach. "Why don't we find a spot here and then get some food."

"Sounds good." I told him, smiling. To me it sounded perfect.

We all got out of the car and Matt went to the back of the car, grabbing a blanket. Harper was holding Lucy, smothering her with affection. Lucy was loving the attention.

"Pick a spot." Matt told me, grabbing my hand and we all walked over.

"Here?" I asked, looking at Matt and Harper.

"Here is good." Harper giggled, plonking herself onto the blanket with Lucy getting comfortable right beside her.

"I'll go get some food." Matt told us, dropping a quick kiss on my lips.

I nodded, watching him go. Now Harper and I were alone.

"I like Matt." Harper said softly, smiling at me.

"Me too." I told her.

She laughed her sweet laugh. "I know you do."

I smiled at her, my precious daughter. "Yes I do."

"You kiss him all the time." She giggled, pulling a face.

I nodded, I guess I did. "Well I can stop if you don't like it." God, what if it was making her uncomfortable.

"No." She giggled. "I like it, I like him."

"Good." I murmured, smiling at her. "So how is school going?" I wanted to know everything about her, absolutely everything.

She shrugged. "I like it." She told me. "It's fun."

"School is fun." I told her, attempting to sound like the responsible adult.

"Yep and thanksgiving is soon." She said. "And I get day's off."

"Day's off are good." I agreed.

"Do you get them off?" She asked me, scooting over a bit closer to me.

I nodded, smiling. "Yes, this year I have thanksgiving off."

"Maybe we can do something?" She suggested softly, looking at her hands.

"I think that would be a wonderful idea." And it was the best idea I'd ever heard in my life.

Matt arrived, with food and we got comfortable eating and talking. I watched Harper eat. Was it weird? Maybe, but I just wanted to watch her, watch her do everything, cherish this time with her.

"Where are the boys?" Harper asked Matt while we ate.

"Well." He said smiling at her. "They're at home today because today is Harper day."

I smiled at him, he was just so damn sweet.

"I like that." She giggled.

"Well." Matt said, standing up. "Why don't we go for a walk?"

"That sounds like a great idea." I said standing up and then smiling as Harper and Lucy stood up.

"You start." Matt told me softly. "I'll run the blanket back to the car."

I started walking and Harper walked ahead of me, holding Lucy's leash. My dog was special, she knew that Harper had her so instead of carrying on like she did when I walked her she walked calmly beside Harper.

Matt ran and caught up with us and I laughed, watching him and Harper run all over the beach with Lucy chasing them.

God today was turning out to be the best day, honestly. My daughter and the man I loved. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Eventually Harper dropped back, waiting for me while Lucy and Matt continued chasing each other across the sand.

"I like coming to the beach." Harper told me as I caught up. "I hope we can come again."

I smiled down at her. "Of course we can."

Harper smiled back and then reached out, taking my hand. I thought my heart was going to burst and I took her hand, squeezing it gently.

We spent a few hours down at the beach, talking, laughing and it was fabulous. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Eventually we headed back to the car, unfortunately it was getting late and my day with Harper was coning to an end. I didn't want it to end, I never wanted it to end.

"Well she's pooped." Matt murmured as we arrived back at my place.

I looked in the back seat. Harper and Lucy were both sound asleep.

"Do you want me to carry her?" Matt asked as we climbed out of the car.

"No." I said softly, opening the back door. "Let me."

I leant in looking at her, studying her beautiful face. She looked so angelic sleeping and I watched her for a few minutes, taking her in.

"Hey." I murmured, unclipping her seat belt. "We're home."

She opened her eye's, smiling and looking at me before holding out her arm's.

I scooped her up, holding her close to my chest and kissing her forehead. This was what being a Mother felt like.

I carried her inside while Matt wrestled with Lucy and I placed her on the couch, still hugging her to me.

"Pizza for dinner." Matt announced, finally getting Lucy inside and I nodded at him. Pizza sounded fine.

So we ate our pizza, the three of us and Lucy who was begging for scraps and I smiled watching Harper feed them to her. Yep, that dog was one spoiled pup.

Eventually 7pm came and I sat on the couch, feeling sad. Our day was over and Harper's Dad would be here soon.

"You okay?" Matt murmured, kissing the top of my head and pulling him to me.

I nodded. "I think so." I whispered.

The doorbell rung and I felt my heart drop. The day was now officially over and I looked at Harper as Matt got up, going to answer it.

"I had fun." Harper said softly.

"I did too." And I did, so much.

"Maybe next time I can sleep over." She said quietly and I reached out, pulling her to me, hugging her tightly.

"You can sleep over anytime you want okay." I murmured, pulling back to look at her.

I smiled at her and then I did what I'd been dreaming of. I covered her face with kisses before hugging her tightly again.

"I wish I could stay." She whispered.

And I wished she could stay too.