Chapter 59

Chloe's POV

I was so glad he decided to stay for lunch. I didn't want him to leave, I didn't want to him to leave ever and we sat there, the four us, eating and talking. It was the highlight of my week, I mean even Ryder was being nice to me.

After lunch the boy's ran off to play. I watched them, they just had so much energy, so full of life and it was nice to see.

Matt and I started talking. I was surprised he was selling the house, but I could see why he was, it made complete sense to sell it and split the money in half. Inevitably we got on the subject of Lucy, and just the mention of her name left a bad taste in my mouth, the things she'd done were unforgiveable, but more importantly she'd tried to keep Matt and I apart and I hated her for that. It would seem whenever I found some kind of happiness someone came along and ruined it.

It ruined my mood a little and I guess Matt sensed it, he reached over, taking my hand in his.

I took a deep breath, squeezing his hand gently, just glad to feel his touch, and he squeezed my hand back, leaning over and pressing his lips to my forehead.

I closed my eye's, leaning my forehead into his lips and he reached up with his other hand, caressing my cheek. God it felt so nice and I'd missed his touch, I'd missed him.

He pulled away a little and looked at me. "Chloe." He murmured.

"Dadddddyyyyyyyy." Jaxson screamed and we both pulled away, looking over at him.

"What?" Matt called, but I smiled, he was still holding my hand.

"I'm so hot." Jaxson huffed, running over. "Can we get a drink and sit inside for a little while?"

"We can do that." I told him smiling. "We can get a drink and then go up to my room for awhile of you like?"

"Are you sure?" Matt asked looking at me and I nodded standing up.

"Yeah, no one is up there." I told him softly.

He stood up and as we walked inside Ryder ran over, catching up with us. We went inside, grabbing some soda's for the boy's and more coffee for us, then we headed upstairs to the room.

"Geez." Matt said softly as we walked into the room. "Memories."

"Do you live here now Chloe?" Jaxson asked, walking in and being a typical child, looking at everything.

"Only for a little while." I told him, sitting on the couch.

"Um, where'd the coffee table go?" Matt asked, sitting on the couch next to me.

"Destroyed." I mumbled, picturing Liam throw a fit. "A long with a lot of other stuff."

"Is this your room?" Jaxson called out from my bedroom.

"It is." I called back to him.

"Can I play with your phone?" He called out to me.

"Yep." I said smiling. There wasn't anything on my phone he could hurt.

Ryder grabbed his soda and went and sat near the television, turning it on and then looking over at Matt.

"Can you find me something to watch Daddy?" He asked Matt softly.

"Sure." Matt said, grabbing the remote and flicking through the channels.

While he did I studied his face. He looked so good, he really did, but he had circles under his eye's. Maybe he wasn't sleeping well, but I guessed an impending divorce would make you lose sleep.

He looked over at me and smiled and I smiled back. I wanted him to touch me, I wanted to touch him and I took a deep breath, throwing caution to the wind and moving a little closer to him.

God, I really had missed him, so much and as much as I hated to admit it, I needed him, but more importantly I wanted him, I wanted him in my life, I wanted share everything with him, I really did.

I leant over and rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eye's. Just being here with him was enough for now, just touching him.

"You okay?" He asked me softly and I could feel him move his head slightly.

I opened my eye's and looked at him, my head still resting on his shoulder. I opened my mouth, then closed it again, chewing my lip.

"What?" He murmured, still looking at me and reaching down, taking my hand in his.

It was the encouragement I needed to tell him, to open myself up to him.

"I missed you." I whispered softly, closing my eye's again.

I closed my eye's because I was scared. Every cell in my body was screaming no, telling me not to leave myself open, but with him I couldn't help it, I loved him, I really did.

"Chloe." He murmured and still I didn't open my eye's, I didn't want to see the rejection on his face. "Chloe" He murmured again, shifting, putting his arm around me and pulling me to him. "I missed you too."

"You did?" I asked, looking in his eye's.

"Yes." He sighed. "I did."

"You didn't return my call's Matt." I whispered. "And then you text me......" I let my voice trail off.

"God Chloe." He said softly, his hand going to my cheek, caressing it. "I was mad, upset, I thought you broke up with me, pushed me away again."

"No." I whispered. "I told you Matt, I told you I wanted you to sort thing's out with Lucy, concentrate on your children, on the things that are important."

He groaned softly, burying his face in my neck. "I know baby." He murmured. "But what you don't realise is that you are one of the thing's that are important to me."

I looked at him and he smiled at me, kissing my nose.

"Chloe, you're important to me." He murmured. "So important and whatever happens we can handle it together. If Lucy want's to start shit, fine let her, we can fight her together and we can fight for Harper, together."

I nodded. "Yes we can."

"So please." He murmured. "Please don't tell me you want a break or whatever again."

"I won't." I murmured, smiling at him. I couldn't anyway. I needed him to complete me.

"Good." He murmured, leaning over and kissing me softly.

I closed my eye's, kissing him back, just enjoying the feeling. I was enjoying the feeling of his lips, the flutter in my stomach and the closeness. I needed this closeness.

I just needed Matt.