Chapter 45

Chloe's POV

I woke up and I was still angry, pissed and upset so I called work. It was my day off but at this stage I would gladly go in for a shift, I kind of needed to stay busy.

I was just so mad, I mean I'd called him and he ignored me, so fuck him. I shouldn't have called him, I shouldn't have bothered and I was angry with myself for that. I was showing weakness and I hated it.

"Fuck him for doing this to me." I cried to Lucy as I made a cup of coffee. "And fuck me for letting him."

She just looked at me like I was crazy and I shook my head, grabbing my cup and heading outside. I sat down, drinking my coffee, looking around.

"I guess I could work in the garden." I said to Lucy as she ran around, sniffing everything. "It's better than sitting here thinking." And anything was better than sitting here thinking, thinking about that dick.

I finished my coffee and headed inside. I would do what I said, I would have a shower and then I would play around in the garden. It was a ridiculous idea really, I knew nothing about gardening but it was something to do.

I had a shower, taking my time and as I got out I heard my phone ringing. I wrapped my towel around me quickly, running out and grabbing it, wishing I'd bothered to check the number first.

"Hello." I answered, attempting to keep my towel in place.

"Chloe, it's Lucy."

I rolled my eye's. What the fuck did this bitch want and why the hell was she calling me? "What." I snapped, I wasn't going to be polite.

"Well aren't we in a fine mood." She snapped back. "Look I just called to thank you again."

"And what are you thanking me for now?" I asked, rolling my eye's.

"Well just for everything you've done, and well today is our first day of marriage counselling so things are looking up for Matt and I." She told me and I swear she was gloating.

Marriage counselling? He was going to marriage counselling?

"Isn't that just super duper." I snapped sarcastically.

"Well yes." Lucy sniped back. "I think it is and so does Matt."

"Well good for you." I snapped. "Give Matt a message for me will you."

"Of course Chloe." She said. "Anything."

"Tell him I hope he has a fucking happy life asshole." And I hung up the phone, even angrier.

He was going to marriage counselling? What the hell?

I stood there in my towel and I did the only thing I could, I screamed. I was so mad and hurt and eventually my scream turned into tears.

I must have been loud because Lucy came running in to check on me and I grabbed her, burying my face in her neck and sobbing.

She was a good dog, my Lucy, she stood there, letting me hold her, licking my shoulder occasionally, offering me comfort.

"What would I do with out you?" I cried, pulling back and looking at her beautiful face.

She rewarded me with a lick and I smiled, wiping my tears away. I'd done enough crying for now, I wouldn't waste anymore time on him.

"Look at me." I whispered, standing up. "Half naked, crying on my dog over a fucking idiot. What is my life?"

Lucy smiled her doggy smiled and I proceeded to get changed. I'd had my cry, I would be okay now.