Chapter 53

Chloe's POV

I didn't sleep well for a number of reasons, I mean it wasn't my bed, so it felt strange. I was exhausted and I wanted to sleep, well after Matt and I finished. I couldn't help but smile to myself in the dark, it was good, actually it was great, his body was amazing and god, he knew how to please me, he really did.

I moved a little in bed, closer to Matt. I was sore, a good sore, it had been a long time between bed mates for me and I was feeling it now, not that I minded.

Matt slipped his arm across my waist and murmured in his sleep. I was a little jealous that he was sleeping so easily, I wanted to sleep I just couldn't. The reason was this bed, it was the bed he slept in with his wife and to me it felt wrong. I was a little disgusted with myself that I'd had sex with him in it, to me that was a bit off.

Lucy, ugh, just thinking about her irritated me. What kind of a woman told her children to hate someone? It was so hurtful to me, but I wasn't surprised, that was the kind of person Lucy was.

I needed to stop thinking, and I closed my eye's in the dark room, willing myself to go to sleep.

I eventually drifted off around dawn, but the alarm woke me up a short time later with it's harsh beeping.

"Fuck." Matt groaned, rolling over and turning it off.

"Why did you set the alarm?" I whispered, looking at him.

"9am appointment with my lawyer." He murmured, snuggling close to me and pulling me to his chest. "I just want to lay here though."

I smiled as he nuzzled my neck. I wanted him to stay here too. "So you're going out?" I murmured.

"Yes." He groaned. "I won't be long, the kids will be alright."

I nodded. I was sure the kids would be alright and I didn't mind watching them for him.

"Why don't you go and shower." I murmured. "And I'll make you breakfast."

He opened his eye's, looking at me. "Oh god Chloe." He whispered, kissing me softly. "Breakfast, holy fuck, you're a keeper."

I slapped his chest lightly, encouraging him to get up. "Go smart ass."

I watched him get up and when he went into the bathroom I got up heading into the kitchen. I grabbed some the stuff to make pancakes and by the time Matt got out of the shower they were on their way to cooking.

"Coffee." I told him, handing him a cup.

"Chloe." He said taking the cup from me. "You don't have to do this, all of this, make me breakfast and stuff."

I opened my mouth to object, I mean I liked it, I liked fussing after him. I wanted to get up and I wanted to spend time with him before he left.

"Good morning." Jaxson yelled, running into the kitchen and silencing my objections.

"Morning." Matt said, putting his coffee down and scooping him into his arm's. "How did you sleep?"

"Good." Jaxson said waving to me.

I waved back and started serving up the breakfast, smiling as Jaxson and Matt ate my pancakes like they'd never eaten before in their lives.

"I'm going out for a bit bud." Matt told Jaxson after he'd finished. "I won't be too long, but please be good for Chloe."

"Of course I will." He giggled and I knew he would, it was his brother I was worried about.

"I'll try and be quick." Matt told me as he kissed me softly.

I nodded, watching him leave. Now it was just me and the kids.

I cleaned up while Jaxson went in, watching cartoons and everything was quiet and nice until I heard arguing coming form the television room. Ryder was obviously awake and not happy.

"Ryder." I said softly, walking in. "Would you like some breakfast?"

He glared at me, shaking my head. "I want my Mom."

"Baby." Jaxson giggled and I threw him a look, trying to make him be quiet.

"Why don't you call her?" I suggested and I assumed I was doing the right thing, letting him talk to his Mother, trying to be his friend.

How wrong I was.

Ryder went into Matt's office and called his Mother and when he came back out he was smiling and I felt a little better, obviously speaking with his mother had helped him.

"Are you sure you don't want breakfast?" I asked him again as he walked back in, throwing himself onto the couch.

"No thank you." He told me and I swear he grinned at me, he actually grinned at me.

The only problem was it made me feel a little unsettled and when the doorbell rang a short time later I should have known, when I opened the door I should have known.

"What the hell is going on here?" Lucy demanded, standing there, looking perfect, not a hair out of place.

"Mommyyyyy." Ryder cried, running past me and into her arm's and I knew, I just knew he'd told her on purpose.

"Where's Matthew?" She demanded.

"Um he had an appointment." I muttered, feeling like a chastised child caught doing something bad.

"And what." She snapped. "He just left MY children with you?"

I rolled my eye's at her, she was being overly dramatic. "Yes."

"Right." She snapped. "Ryder go and get your bags, JAXSON." She called and he appeared in the door of the entertainment room. "Get your bag, now."

"I wanna stay Mom." He whined, looking at his enraged Mother with wide eye's.

"Get you bags now." She yelled and both of the boy's ran off to their rooms.

"Now." She said glaring at me. "This." She said waving her hand at me. "This should never have happened, you should never be in charge of my children."

"Look Lucy." I said softly, attempting to clam her down.

"No, you look." She hissed, leaning in closer to me. "Matt's done it this time, he really has. He will longer have access to the kids, none at all, not while he's still hanging around with you, you husband stealing slut."

Did she just call me a slut?

"And you tell him when he get's home." She went on. "That when he get's rid of the slut he can have his children back."

I stood there speechless, I was absolutely speechless. I just didn't know what to say to her. What could I say.

"Bye Chloe." Jaxson said softly as their mother dragged them out the door.

"Bye." I whispered, closing the door after them.

I leant on the door and closed my eye's. Matt had entrusted  me to look after his children while he was out and honestly, I couldn't even do that.

I went into the bedroom, grabbing my clothes and showering.

It wasn't happening. Lucy said while Matt was still with me he wouldn't see the kids.

It wasn't happening. I wouldn't let it.