Chapter 9- Kisses and Surprises

Start from the beginning

I tickled him, and he twitched. "Janelle, stop!" He laughed.

"Not until you talk to me!" I kept tickling him.

"Fine!" He said and I stopped tickling him, but still hugged him around the waist. He tilted his head towards me. "Do you think that waitor is... attractive?"

I was caught off guard. I didn't think Bradly would actually have the courage to ask me that. But I shrugged it off, and puffed. "Me? Think he's attractive? Hellz no."

He looked away. "He keeps looking over though."

"Good." I said, and he snapped his head back at me. "So he can see that im taken."

"Your fake taken."

"Well, for tonight, im kind of only yours. So..." I laughed and he looked away with a playful pained look.

I leaned in and kissed his cheek. He turned back to me and smiled.

"So!!" Noah said, and our heads turned to him. "How exactly did y'all meet?"

Down to buisness. I unwrapped myself from Bradly and sat back up, crossing my arms across my chest.

"We met at the park." Bradly began, and he had this down. We had this rehearsed. "She was sitting at the bench, thinking about something I suppose, and I walked right up to her and introduced myself."

"Just like that?"

"You see," Bradly leaned back against his chair. This was a trick he had learned in theater. It was a body movement that was made to act like he was chill an actually ready to tackle any question. I saw Noah lean back also, so he could relax his tense back. "When I saw her, sitting peacefully on that bench, I couldn't stop myself from talking to her. I had to know her!

"I went up to her, told her my name, but she shyly told me to get lost, but I sat next to her and tried to get her to talk. We did for a while. It was getting late and I walked her home. After that, I realised that I wanted to see her again. I would go pick her up from time to time and took her out to places. It was just my first few days here and before I knew it, we were going to be at the same school."

Noah's eyebrows squished together.

"Then when I took her out to the park with some coffee, I asked her to be my girlfriend. Of course, she accepted." He met my gaze and winked. His acting was believable, and I wanted to stand up and clap for him, but held on to my seat to hear what Noah had to say.

"How long has this," He pointed back and forth from me to Bradly. "been going on for, exactly?"

"One month." Bradly firmly answered, and even nodded his head up and down.

"You were in town for a month, and barely came to school this week?" It's alright Noah. Dig as deep as you want. We got this!

"My mom had some problems getting our papers for school, and I had to help my mom fix up the house too. My dad isn't living with us so I had to be the man around the house to help out."

"Do you work?" Noah was starting to sound like my dad.

"I'm currently looking for a part time job to help my mom." He turned to me. "And to take this beautiful girl out to special places."

I slightly forgot that this was practiced, and blushed like crazy. I looked away from them.

"How many siblings?"

"One."

"Brother or sister?"

"Sister. Brianna. She's actually my twin."