The Final Twenty-Four | 30

Start from the beginning

"Like what?"

"I don't know.. maybe your music. Your kids. Junior is growing up, Erica, Erin, you have more important things to worry about E."

"My kids are my world and so is Tomica."

"Well, her attitude towards you has nothing to do with Tracy having Erin," he sighed "the girl is going through so much shit right now. Who could blame her?"

"What are you talking about?"

"She's involved with a gang banger. Someone put a bullet in you two years ago and it's a blessing that you survived. She had to watch you suffer. And now she's no longer working for KTLA News," he shrugged.

I shook my head. "Wait, I'm confused. What happened with-"

He stirred his drink. "That's enough for anybody to go insane. I feel sorry for her."

"She was fired? She doesn't work for KTLA News anymore?" I questioned.

I'm confused on why Tomica lost her job and the fact that Scooter knows instead of me.

He nodded. "Yeah. Sucks doesn't it? Damn."

"She was fired and she told you? But didn't tell me?"

"I mean.. you two aren't together anymore right? So why should she tell you?"

I licked my lips. "Okay..."

"So let me be honest with you E. The reason why I asked you to meet me here is because.. well I'm the reason why you two aren't together anymore."

"What?"

"Just what it sounds like. I'm the reason why you two aren't together. I'm the other guy," he muttered before finishing the rest of his drink.

I cleared my throat. "I'm still confused. What-"

"You had a baby with your ex. Do you know how bad that hurt her? Since Erin was born in 1990, that means you cheated on her. And me? I was there for her when you weren't."

"I-I don't believe this," I cleared my throat again "I don't believe any of this. It doesn't make sense. We went to Vegas, I gave her a promise ring. She lived with me, I don't believe you."

"I'm really sorry, but I just thought you should know. The truth hurts, I know it does. But you know we'll always be buddies. And if you want, I can pay for your drink. It's on me."

He kept a straight face the entire time. So, he's got to be serious. But none of this is adding up, this doesn't make any sense.

Tomica loses her job at KTLA News all of a sudden after we broke up. And somehow she's messing with Scooter?

"I gotta go," I mumbled before heading towards the door.

Of course I was bombarbed by the paparazzi but, I'm not going to pay them any mind. Not right now.

"Get that camera out my face," I spat.

I looked back and he began to smirk before winking at me.

[A/N: so this scene is inspired by Spiderman 3, I just felt that it would fit with the storyline lol if you're wondering]