"You mean new." I took it from her and examined it. "Do you think I could pull it off?"

"Of course!" She smiled. "You can pull off anything!" She laughed, and then became instantly serious. "Well, when you're alone with a boy, you cannot pull anything off! You hear me!"

"Oh gosh. Mom!" I said, and laughed. Sometimes it surprised me how much she knew about those teenage jokes.

"You know I trust you." She smiled, and after she was done, she sat next to me. "What are you going to do if Noah finds out that Bradly was your first best friend, and how do you think Bradly's going to feel that you replaced him?"

"I didn't replace Bradly!" I defended myself. "For your information, Noah came up and talked to me first. I wanted nothing to do with him."

"Alrighty then. But what are you going to do?"

"I honestly don't know mom. I hope that doesn't come up in the conversation."

My mom pulled me in her arms, and I layed my head on her shoulder. These were the best hugs for me, from my mom. She patted back my hair. I closed my eyes as I enjoyed my mothers company.

"Well don't sweat over it too much hunny." She pulled back a bit. "How about I help you with your hair?"

"Sure." I smiled, and forgot about tonight, and just let my mom brush out my hair, and let her help me get ready for tonight's drama scene.

****

"You know, you need to stop wearing those mouth watering outfits." Bradly said as he walked in my living room.

I punched him on the shoulder. "And you need to stop being so disrespectful."

"As if you don't like my comments." He smirked.

I playfully shoved him, and realised that he was wearing a black dress shirt with some jeans, and had his first couple of shirt buttons undone. Exposing some of his chest, and I found it rather hard not to look.

"Hello Mrs.Smith." Bradly politely stuck out his hand for her to shake.

My mom, being the outgoing person that she was, ignored his hand and took him in for a hug.

"Call me Diana! Mrs. Smith is my mother in law!" My mom made a face, and we laughed with her. "So, when are you guys leaving?"

"What, are you kicking us out already?" I laughed, and then stopped when I saw that my mom wasn't laughing.

"Yeah," She was completly serious. "Your dad's gonna come home any second, and-"

"Oh my gosh!!! Mom!!! Bradly's here!!!!" I covered my ears with my hands and Bradly bursted out laughing, so was my mom.

"And I wanna dress up John to go out for dinner, all of us together! Gosh, you have a sick and twisted mind!" My mom obviously made me look like the messed up person in this whole situation.

"Wow, thanks mom." With a bored expression I said and turned to Bradly. "Let's go before she embarresses me any more."

"Oka-" He began to say, but a little guy in a superman cape ran down the stairs and ran to me. I beant down and scooped him up.

"Janny!!" John had nicknamed me Janny, since Janelle was too tough for him. He dug his head in my chest, and peeked a glance at Bradly.

"John, this is my best friend, Bradly. Can you say hi Bradly?"

"Hi Bradly," John did a little wave hello with it also, and then hid his face from him. He was a shy one!

"Well hello there John, how are you?" Bradly leaned in to get a peek from John.