"Sure," I mumbled.

His eyes lit up as he smiled. Gee ate quickly and I scowled.

"Slow down, you're gonna get a stomach ache," I scolded.

He giggled, chewing slowly.

We finished eventually, all while Gee was still chattering on. I grabbed a napkin, wiping off his face. I tossed the trash into the bin and looked at him, already giving me his puppy dog look.

"What do you want?" I asked with a sigh.

"Can you pwease get my apwon fwom my houwse?" He asked, using his sweet little voice.

God, he can be so manipulative sometimes.

I sighed. "Do you really need the apron that badly?"

He smiled and nodded his head.

"Fine," I agreed. "But you have to go with me."

"O--"

"In my car."

Gee froze as he looked up at me, shaking his head in fear.

"Okay, I guess if you don't want it that bad," I said.

I went over and flopped onto the couch, turning on the tv. I could hear Gee whimpering and sniffling behind me. He needs to face his fears, maybe having an incentive will help.

"Please can you just go?" He asked.

I looked behind me and smirked as I shook my head. He sat beside me, his bottom lip quivering.

"Please, I-I'll do anything," he begged.

"Just get in the car, baby," I said. "It's nice outside, I'm a good driver, you don't have anything to be scared of. I'm right here, can you trust me?"

Gee nodded softly.

"So, will you get into the car with me?" I asked.

"W-we won't crash?" Gee stuttered.

"We won't," I promised.

Gee gave a small, nervous nod and I smiled. He grabbed Puppy and we went into my garage, noticing how Gee seemingly completely forgot that he needed to get dressed. I smirked as I opened the door for him and I helped him in. I got into the driver's side and looked over at Gee, who was shaking and crying. He must've swiped his paci when I wasn't paying attention and had that in his mouth, the kangaroo hugged to his chest.

Gee shrieked when I started the engine, hiding his face. I reached over and rubbed his back as I opened up the garage. Now that the light was cast upon us, Gee seemed to remember just how naked he was. His face turned beat red and I laughed, reaching in the back for a spare hoodie and he put it on. He was still crying and shaking but I guess he could be worse.

"Tell you what, if you're good and you can make it through this whole car ride, then I'll let you sleep in my bedroom with me tonight," I offered.

He looked up at me with wide eyes.

"R-really?" He asked.

I nodded my head and he agreed quietly. The car started rolling backwards out of the driveway. Gee clutched onto the door handle, crying as he pressed himself against it. I kept a hand on his back comfortingly, driving slowly down the road.

"Relax, baby, you're safe," I reassured.

By the time we got to Gerard's house, he was a mess. Tears soaked his face, his whole body shaking in his seat. I turned off the ignition and saw how Gee relaxed slightly.

"I'm gonna go in and get the apron, okay?" I asked.

Gee stared straight ahead as he nodded. I hurried inside, grabbing the pink and white apron that was hanging over the back of a chair. I hurried out but froze when I saw something. The man from about last week who had been staring at Gee while Gee had been looking at the puppies in the shop. I looked at his blond hair and matching beard, a dark look spreading over my face as I glared at him. He didn't seem to even notice me as he watched Gee's house. He didn't seem to notice Gee was in my car either, thankfully.

I reached for my knife, the apron thrown over my shoulder. But then I looked at Gee, who was panicking in the car. I bit my lip, looking between the two before I went to Gee.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I-I'm scared," he whimpered.

"Come here, let daddy hold you," I said.

Gee messily scrambled over the console and sideways into my lap, curled into a little ball. In the rear view mirror, I saw that the man was gone. Gee was shaking, sniffling and crying as I wrapped my arms around him.

"It's okay, baby, you don't have to be scared," I said. "I'm gonna take care of you, this car isn't gonna hurt you. You're safe with me."

He was still sobbing, his tears soaking my shirt. I pushed him back slightly, caressing his cheeks gently.

"Hey, baby, look at me," I whispered. "Just take deep breaths, okay?"

He nodded, taking a few deep breaths. Gee calmed down slightly and I wiped away his tears.

"See? Not so bad," I mumbled. "Do you wanna walk home?"

He shook his head. "I-I wanna sleep w-with you t-tonight."

"Baby--"

"I-I can do it," he promised. "P-please?"

I nodded my head, watched Gee crawl back into his seat. I started the car, watching the way Gee jumped. He buckled the seatbelt, pulling it tight over him.

"Ready?" I asked.

He nodded shakily, staring straight ahead and holding a grip onto the door handle so tight his knuckles were white.

"Remember, baby, you made it all the way here, you can make it back too," I reassured.

Gee nodded stiffly and I reached over to hold his hand as I started driving home. His grip was so tight I actually winced a couple of times. He let out small shrieks and squeaks at every ten and bump. By the time we pulled into the garage, he was crying again. He was out of the car and in the house so fast before I even had a chance to fully stop. I grabbed my keys, following him inside.

I found him sitting curled up in the corner, wrapped in a blanket with his paci in his mouth and Puppy in his arms. I picked him up, blanket and all as he curled into a ball in my lap on the couch. I turned on his favorite cartoon, feeling him relax slightly in my arms. I kissed the side of his head, holding him tight.

"Good boy, baby," I muttered. "You get to sleep with me tonight. Daddy is so proud of you."

I kissed his cheek, tasting the salty tears that lingered on my lips. He mumbled something around the pacifier but I couldn't understand. I grabbed the little ring, pulling the binkie from his mouth.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I love you, daddy," he repeated.

I stared at him as his eyes roamed my face in anticipation.

"I love you too, baby," I finally said.

I mean, if my wall of photos of him isn't a sign that I love him then I don't know what is.