Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Ross' POV:

December 31, 2013

Dear Ross,

I can't take the pain anymore. It has been a week, and I can hardly drive still. I am miserable. And everything you had said, really hit me hard. It is constantly on replay in my head. She's fat, she's ugly, no one likes her, she's worthless. The heartache is killing me. I need to be put out of my misery. Even though you don't love me anymore, I still love you. Goodbye.

Lauren

I read the note over and over. My eyes widened when I realized what this was. It's a suicide note. No! I can't lose her. I ran out to my car and drove off. I searched everywhere, but she was nowhere to be found. I only had one place left to look. The cliff at the beach. I pulled up and saw a figure standing there. I got out of my car.

"Don't do it! Please!" I yelled, running over to her.

"I have to! It won't stop! They won't stop! No one cares anymore!" She took a step closer to the edge. I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her away from the edge. "Let me go!" she screamed, kicking and punching me. I set her down and pinned her on the ground. "Get off of me." she hissed, glaring at me. Something had snapped in her. I noticed one eye was brown and the other was pink.

"No." I replied. She started bawling.

"Please just put me out of my misery! I HATE my life! I HATE everyone in it!" She sobbed. I was hurt.

"You hate me?" my voice cracked. She shook her head.

"Please just let me end my life. There is nothing left to live for." she whispered. I shook my head. I grabbed her wrists and stood up, pulling her up with me. She stared at the ground sobbing. I pulled her in and hugged her. She cried into my shirt. When she finally had settled down, I pulled her back and looked her in the eyes.

"I love you Lauren. I would give everything up to keep you. You ARE my everything." I whispered, tears collecting in my eyes. She looked down at her feet, but I pushed her chin up. I leaned down and kissed her.