Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Lauren's POV:

My eyes shot open. A blurry blonde haired hazel eyed boy was staring down at me. My vision started clearing and I realized who it was. Ross. I turned my head away from him. I couldn't look at him after all those horrible things he said about me. I pulled my hand out of his hold and pulled it to my chest, rolling on to my side.

"Go away." I mumbled.

"W-what?" he stuttered. Tears started streaming down my face.

"Go away."

******************************************************************************************

Riker drove me back to his house. My car had been fixed and is sitting at their house. I haven't seen Ross since I woke up. I really didn't want to see him ever again. But I also wanted to run up to him and hug him. Why do I have to love him? Riker helped me out and into the house. I sat down on the couch, not noticing who else was there.

"Hi." Ross said. I looked over at him from the corner of my eyes.

"Hi." I said coldly. Someone glided their finger over my cheek. I didn't even realize I had started crying. I looked up. Ross was right next to me, his arm behind me. He was looking at my hands. I looked at them and noticed that they were balled in fists and shaking. I stretched them out and noticed my hands start shaking a lot worse. He grabbed both my hands, one in each of his, trying to stop the shaking. I looked back at his face. Tears fell from his eyes. I could feel my heart breaking. I pried into his thoughts, without phasing.

This is all my fault! I wish I could take back all the horrible things I said. I wanna tell her that I remember. I just hope she will forgive me.

He looked up at me, looking hopeful. I pulled my hands away from his and stood up. Thankfully, Riker came out of the kitchen.

"So where are you sleeping tonight?" he asked, looking between me and Ross.

"With you." I responded. He nodded and helped me upstairs and into his room. I heard someone start crying as we had climbed the stairs. It broke my heart. When we had entered Riker's room, I broke down.

"What's wrong Lauren?" Rocky asked. Riker whispered something, and suddenly there were two sets of arms around me. "He doesn't deserve a wonderful girl like you." he said, before looking at Riker and walking downstairs. Next thing I heard was Rocky yelling at Ross. Riker shut the door and helped me in bed. I fell asleep quickly.