Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Lauren's POV:

I heard someone sobbing, but I couldn't get my body to move or speak or anything. I just wish I could kiss my boyfriend right now. I would give anything to be safely in his arms.

"Please, baby. Please wake up. I can't lose you. I love you so much." I felt his lips touch my hand. Ross.

I fought my way through the darkness, and finally I could control my own breathing again. I took a deep breath.

I heard him breath in quickly before I sank back into the darkness.

******************************************************************************************

A couple days had passed since I took the breath. I finally had enough strength to try and open my eyes and move my body. I felt a strong hand holding mine. I gave it a squeeze.

"Lauren?" a husky voice whispered. I could tell he has been crying a lot. I squeezed his hand again, a smile slowly creeping onto my lips.

"Babe, can you open your eyes? I've missed your beautiful eyes!" Ross whispered, squeezing my hand and kissing me on the cheek. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a couple times. I saw a handsome, blonde boy with hazel eyes staring down at me. I smiled as my eyes adjusted to the light around me. Ross smiled at me before leaning down for a kiss. I put my finger on his lips, making him frown.

"Not while I am hooked up to a monitor." a devious smile crept onto his face. "And I just don't have the energy." I added, yawning. It had taken a lot to open my eyes, and now I just wanted to take a nap.

"Okay," he responded, slightly disappointed. He kissed my forehead before sitting back down in his chair. The doctor came in not to long after I had woken up and told me that I could go home tonight. My smile was so big, I swear it was literally from ear to ear.

When they let me go, I felt so much better, though I still was in pain. They had given me some pain killers to take, and I had taken some right when we had got in the car. I was staying at the Lynch's for tonight, and I was so grateful because I wasn't sure when I will be able to drive again. I had fallen asleep on Ross in the car, so he picked me up and carried me inside. I woke up as we were walking up the stairs. His eyes were straight forward, as if he didn't want to look at me. When we got to his room he set me on his bed then grabbed a pair of shorts and a t shirt for me to wear. He handed them to me before he headed downstairs. I changed out of the sweatshirt and pants I had on into Ross' clothes he had given me.

There was a knock on the door. "Hey is it alright if I come in?" Riker asked, rounding the corner. He stopped dead in his tracks, mouth wide open. I looked down at my legs. I had three to five sets of stitches per leg, as well as lots of bruises and scratches. Tears started falling and I felt someone wrap their arms around me.

"Shhh. It's okay Lauren. You're safe." Riker comforted me. His hand rubbed up and down my back. I finally calmed down ten minutes later. I looked Riker in the eyes and he smiled. "We all are so glad to have you back. Especially Ross." Riker added.

"Ross hasn't said anything to me since we got back. He hasn't even looked at me." Fresh tears began to fall and Riker started comforting me again.

"I'm sure Ross has a reason." Riker responded. I looked at him again and he smiled. "Do you want to talk to him?" he asked, wiping the tears from my eyes. I nodded my head. "I'll go get him." I nodded, then laid down with my back facing the door. Riker left the room, shutting the door. Five minutes later, Riker came back up and told me that Ross had left. I said okay, and he walked away. I curled up and started bawling into the sheets.