Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Lauren's POV:

Today is Ross' birthday. I had gotten him a few things. A framed photo of me and him on the beach from our first date. He was kissing me on the cheek. I had also gotten my car keys duplicated and programmed my car to recognize him so then he can fly it when its a plane. Yes my car transforms.

I still had a slight headache when I woke up, but Tylenol fixed that. I am now on my way to his house. I had decided to wear a white blazer over a yellow long sleeve v-neck, with a white cami underneath, and a pair of dark skinny jeans. My white converse and white belt completed the look. I had curled my hair and applied neutral colored makeup.

I arrived at his house and saw a car I did not recognize. I pulled in next to the car and walked up to the front door. I rang the door bell.

"Hey, he's out back with some friends." Riker answered the door. I nodded and walked to the back door. I walked in the kitchen, Riker not far behind me, and stopped dead in my tracks. Riker ran into me, catching me before I fell. "Why did you stop?" he asked, pulling me back to my feet. I stood there, speechless. I looked back out the window, and sure enough, Peyton and Laura were out there, and there was something different about them. When Laura turned around, I noticed it. The necklace. How? How did they get a necklace like mine. I shook it off and walked outside.

"Hey!" I said smiling. They all looked at me and said nothing. Ross didn't move. Something was not right about him. I remembered the gift was in my car. "Oh I gotta run to my car real quick. I forgot something." I walked back in the house and hid behind the wall next to the door. Riker was still standing there.

"What-" "Shhh."

I phased, closing my eyes and concentrating on Ross.

Why can't that girl just leave me alone? I don't even know who she is? Laura said she's the bad guy.

Suddenly someone was holding me. "Lauren, what's wrong? What's going on?" I opened my eyes and looked at Riker.

"He doesn't know who I am. He thinks I'm the bad guy. They brainwashed him!" I sobbed. Riker held me close and comforted me.

"I'm going to tell them that they have to leave." Riker said, letting go and walking outside.

Ross' POV:

She is still here. Can't she tell that no one likes her.

Riker came out.

"You two need to leave now." he said, looking at Laura and Peyton. He was mad about something. I hope he isn't defending that worthless brat. The girls looked at each other then left. When they were out of hearing range, I stood up and looked at Riker.

"What the hell Riker? What was that for? And why is she still here?" I said, pointing at the girl. He looked at the girl and shook his head.

"She was right. You are different. They did something to you. You just don't remember it." I looked at him, and then at the girl. She wasn't there anymore. Good.

"They did nothing to me! In fact, I was about to ask Peyton to be my girlfriend." Riker glared at me, walking over to me. He stopped inches away from me.

"You already have a girlfriend, Ross! You are taken. I can tell you have been brainwashed. That girl you were referring to is your girlfriend." he said.

"That worthless whore!? She's a nobody! No one likes her! She's fat, ugly, annoying, and a stalker. Why would I date her?" I yelled. Riker grabbed my shirt.

"She is none of those things! Don't ever say that about her again! She loves you and you loved her! You weren't the only one too. I also love her, and if you won't protect her and care for her like you promised, then I will!" he yelled back. He let go of my shirt and stormed into the house.