90. The intruding pufferfish

~Naruto's POV~

"She's been fighting Kinase for a long time" I said concerned as I knelt in front of Ruka.

"She is fighting a very dangerous and slightly unknown Tailed Beast" Yamoto said "you have to give her time Naruto. We were surprised you managed to defeat the Nine Tailed fox so quickly."

I ignored him and examined Ruka's face carefully. Her lips were turned downward slightly in a small frown and her eyebrows were furrowed together in either deep concentration or deep frustration. I exhaled deeply and deactived my Tailed Beast Cloak for the time being, not paying much attention to the strange Chakra I had sensed coming from Bee's sword. I looked down at Ruka's hands and hesitated slightly before grabbing them and giving them an encouraging squeeze.

"Naruto" Yamoto said in a warning tone "you might disturb her!"

"Let him be there for his girl, fool ya fool!"

Yamoto sighed deeply and simply nodded in understanding as I leaned my forehead against Ruka's, my fingers still intertwined with hers.

"Please be careful, Ruka."

~Ruka's POV~

"CHIDORI!"

The Jutsu collided hard with Kinase's stomach and she coughed up a large sum of blood as the Chidori began to form itself into golden chains and wrap around her, pinning her to the ground. Kinase laid on the ground unmoving, in a sort of submissive way. I knew she wasn't unconscious because she was staring directly at me without a hint of emotion in her eyes.

I panted heavily and began coughing harshly as blood flew out of my mouth and splattered on the ground. I guess that fight took quite a toll on me in the end. A loud 'poof' filled the air and I looked to see Kenshin had unmerged from my body, making me feel more weak then I already was.

He had bruises all over his small body and patches of his fur were missing in certain places.

Maybe being electrocuted wasn't such a good idea.....

"Gomenesai Kenshin" I said, frowning.

He glanced at me and, much to my surprise, he didn't cuss me out or even give me a dirty look.

Is he being nice to me?

No, that's impossible.

Kenshin glanced at Kinase for a minute then streched out his body before a satisfying crack sounded from his back. Maybe he feels good about the fact that we were able to control Kinase.

"I'm out this bitch!"

I nodded and Kenshin quickly disappeared from sight back to his own little world. I wiped the blood away from my mouth and winced slightly befre slowly walking over to Kinase, pain radiating throughout my entire body.

"We use to be best friends Kinase" I said softly, still walking towards her "remember that?"

"I don't remember that" she said, narrowing her eyes.

"Bullshit. I know you remember."

She growled softly and continued staring at me as I stopped in front of her and frowned. I then leaned forward and she tensed up slightly when I began gently rubbing her fur with my hands. Kinase glared at me suspiciously but I had no such intentions in mind, I simply stroked her fur and she soon went along with the strange act of kindness.

"You've changed a lot Kinase" I said "but hopefully, you and I can go back on good terms again."

"We'll see about that."