66. An unexpected savior

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise and he stared at me for a long time, allowing my words to fully register in his mind.

I think I rendered him speechless, the thought made me smile slightly. It would just make things more awkward if he said something anyway. I turned towards Pain and readjusted the grip on my sword as he stared at me, waiting for me to make the first move.

"You want to save him but doing so will only lead to more pain and suffering for yourself" Pain said as I glared up at him "this life is nothing without pain. So hopefully, by fighting me, you shall understand a little of my pain."

"All you ever talk about is pain" I replied bitterly "you act like no one else has been in pain before! Everyone in ths village is currently in pain because of what you're doing! You're selfish and you kill Jinchūriki on the crazy assumption that-"

"What I have is neither crazy nor an assumption!" Pain said angrily, cutting me off "what I have is a dream! A dream that this world can one day live in eternal peace without all of this suffering and death! If killing Jinchūriki and the people who oppose me will get that dream closer to me, I'm fully prepared to do so."

I glared at Pain angrily and clenched my teeth together as he stared at me, his once emotionless face now a mask of anger and deep frustration.

"Hopefully" I said, repeating his words "by fighting me, you shall understand a little of my pain. You shall know that being a Jinchūriki, was never easy for us."

Pain angrily clenched his hands into fist and charged at me. I raised my sword as he took out of his stakes and deflected it just in time. Pain continued to slash out me with his stakes and I deflected each attack with my sword. At one point, the onslaught of attacks got more furious and he managed to cut me numerous times on my arms and legs, Pain raised his free hand and before I knew it, I was sent flying backwards and slammed into the ground. I hurriedly stood up and winced slightly as Naruto looked at me.

"Ruka" he said hastily "he has the ability to pull things towards him and push them away. The interval between each one is five seconds."

Five seconds?!

That's not long at all but I have to find an opening somewhere within those five seconds. I frowned deeply as Pain tightened his grip on the black stake in his hand. I bit my thumb and drew blood as I began making hand signs.

"Summoning Jutsu!"

A puff of smoke appeared and Kiyomi popped out, her purple fur glistening in the sunlight. A small growl escaped her throat and she turned to look at me.

"Your highness?"

"Free Naruto" I ordered, glaring at Pain "take those black stakes out of his body but try no to hurt him to badly."

"Hai!"

Kiyomi ran over to Naruto and wrapped her teeth around one of the stakes, tugging at it as Naruto groaned in pain. Pain, noticing this, frowned and raced over to Kiyomi. I ran towards him and made even more hands signs as my Sharingan activated.

"Clone Jutsu!"

Another replica of myself appeared and she nodded at me before running towards Pain.

"I see" Pain said, dodging all of my clones attacks "you've inherited the Sharingan from your father, haven't you?"

Kakashi Sensei....

"Leave my dad out of this!" I yelled angrily, forming a Chidori in my hand.

I charged at Pain and he hurriedly used his technique to push my clone away, causing her to disappear. Yes, this is exactly what I wanted! Now he can't push me away, I only have five seconds to make this work. Pain turned towards me and tried to back away but I lunged forward and shoved the Chidori directly in his chest.