4. The hidden Jinchūriki

I exhaled deeply as I walked back home to...the castle.

It still seemed so surreal that I was a princess. I find it so hard to believe, but Kinase herself had confirmed these facts. There was no denying it.

I frowned slightly and bit my lip; I'm not trying to sound ungrateful or anything. It's just that...now that I have my own place to live I can't... I can't live with Naruto anymore.

I felt someone's hand touch my shoulder and I hurriedly grabbed it before flipping the person over my shoulder. The person slammed hard into the concrete and I looked down, well, look who it is!

"Naruto" I said glaring at him "what are you doing?"

"I-I came to walk you home" he muttered in pain as he picked himself up off the ground.

"I don't need you to walk me home" I said coldly shouldering past him.

"Aw, come on Ruka!" He protested catching up to me "why are you so mean to me? We use to be such good friends!"

We use to be more then friends...

I frowned slightly and ignored him as I continued walking. I knew he would forgot...I just knew it.

"I hate you!"

I started walking faster; wanting to desperately get away from him; when he grabbed my wrist and stopped me. I turned and glared at him angrily as he stared at me.

"Let me go!" I said gritting my teeth "I hate you! You should have just stayed gone!"

He pulled me closer to him and wrapped one of his arms firmly around my waist. I glared at him slightly as he just stared at me.

"Don't say you hate me" he said with a hurt look "I don't hate you. I haven't stopped thinking about you ever since I left."

I stared at him for a long time then frowned and pushed him away; blushing heavily.

"WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT TOUCHING ME?!" I replied putting him in his usual choke hold.

"I...I'm s...sorry!" he gasped.

I let go after a while and blushed again as he stood up and rubbed his sore neck.

"Well you obviously don't want me to walk you home" he said sadly "I'll just...go then."

He began walking off and I simply watched him; he seemed disappointed, and guilt consumed me. I quickly shook the feeling off and turned around as I began walking home.

I've been walking myself home for three years...I don't need him to help me with anything...

...right?

~The Next Day~

"S-rank?!" Sakura gasped as her eyes widened "this will be our very first S-ranked mission!"

"Yes" Tsunade said sighing deeply "The Kazekage of the Sand village, Gaara, has been kidnapped by the Akatsuki."

We all gasped and an image of a boy with red hair and sea foam green eyes ran through my mind.

Gaara...?

My hand clenched tightly into fist. What do they want with him? Why does the Akatsuki want Jinchūriki so badly?! Are they going to...kill him?

"Seeing as we have formed an alliance with the Sand village" Tsunade continued "no other village volunteered to help them. However, we must uphold our part of the alliance; so I will be sending you four along with another team."